Sunday, April 02, 2017

Tori's March 2017 #Book #Reviews (LBE)

It's time to take a look at what I read in March.

As with the previous posts like this one, if you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question.

Don't forget: the format I've reviewed may not be the format I read. Also, please remember that I read across multiple genres and age ranges, so you should always check if a book is suitable for the intended reader, especially when children are involved. Sometimes reading the book's description on its Goodreads page will be enough for this, but other times you may need to check elsewhere to figure out the genre and/or recommended reading level.

OK... On to the reviews!

The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)The Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was a pretty good read, but not as good as the others in the series so far; the ending was a bit anti-climactic, and didn't feel as satisfying as the endings of the other books in the series have been.

Fatemarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #1)Fatemarked by David Estes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book was totally awesome! The worldbuilding was amazing, the characters are all quite interesting and believable, the plot contains the perfect balance of action and quieter scenes where you can catch your breath while learning more about the characters and their world, and the descriptions are fantastic (in fact, those with weak stomaches may find them a little too good, since there are wonderfully described scenes of violence and blood in this story, as well as the more pleasant images the author paints for us during the tale). On top of that, while the ending is clearly left open for the continuation of the series, things are also wrapped up well enough to avoid an actual cliffhanger ending, which meant that - though I was a little disappointed to find the book was over - I felt satisfied with the way the story ended. I highly recommend this book, and can't wait for the next book in the series to be available!
*NOTE: I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This fact has in no way influenced either my opinion of the book, or the contents of my review.

RENOVO SymbiosisRENOVO Symbiosis by Geoffrey Wakeling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is another excellent and exciting addition to this series, which has a fantastic plot that will keep you guessing, as well as often having you on the edge of your seat, and an awesome cast of characters (and I'm not just saying the latter because one of them is named after me... It's all true).

The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)The Immortal Hunter by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A great addition to the series, and a pretty good read overall.

The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12; Rogue Hunter #3)The Renegade Hunter by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an exciting addition to the series, which will have your emotions up and down like a rollercoaster.

PestPest by James Field
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I've enjoyed all the stories in this series so far, and this one was no exception. It has a great cast of characters, and the plot is both interesting and full of surprises.

Born to Bite (Argeneau #13)Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book. It's a great addition to the series: paranormal romance with a bit of mystery thrown in.

Hungry for You (Argeneau #14)Hungry for You by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an excellent addition to this series, with an entertaining plot, as well as a great cast of characters.

The Reluctant Vampire (Argeneau, #15)The Reluctant Vampire by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
During the first third of the book, I wasn't enjoying it as much as I usually enjoy the books in this series, because nothing much seemed to be happening. It got better though. Things started to happen after that, and the rest of the book was exciting and enjoyable.

Little House in the Big Woods (Little House, #1)Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A fascinating and enjoyable quick read. I look forward to reading more of the series.

The Poet Speaks: Kevin Morris Reads a Sellection of His PoetryThe Poet Speaks: Kevin Morris Reads a Sellection of His Poetry by K. Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I've read a lot of Kevin Morris' poems, and enjoyed them; Kevin's poems are often extremely thought-provoking. Hearing him read some of his poems out loud helps to bring them to life in a way reading them myself can't do. In short, this is a great collection of poetry, which the author reads beautifully, and which is an absolute pleasure to listen to.

Farmer Boy (Little House, #3)Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A fascinating and enjoyable addition to the series.

Little House on the Prairie (Little House, #2)Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A fascinating and enjoyable read for all ages.

On the Banks of Plum Creek  (Little House, #4)On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I've enjoyed all the books in this series so far, and this one was no exception. It was a fascinating and enjoyable read, just like the previous books in the series.

By the Shores of Silver Lake  (Little House, #5)By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Another fascinating and enjoyable addition to the series.

The Long Winter (Little House, #6)The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I think this is my favourite of the series so far. The book itself is an enjoyable read, and reading about how people coped through the long Winter was fascinating.

4 comments:

Danielle L Zecher said...

I love that you're reading the Laura Ingalls Winder books. I LOVED those books when I was a child. I keep thinking about re-reading them. I think I need to.

Jeanie said...

Most of these don't look so much like my thing but I am interested in revisiting the Little House, especially after following Laura Ingalls Gunn's blog, Decor to Adore. She is a direct descendant and now and then writes about it.

Deanna said...

I'm so glad you are reading the Little House books. Aren't they fun? Have you seen the television program?

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
This is my first time reading them. I missed a lot of books when I was younger that I'm trying to read now, partly due to the fact a lot of them weren't as popular over here at that time as they were elsewhere.

Jeanie:
You mentioned that blog before... I think it's cool that you follow the blog of one of her descendants.

Deanna:
No, I haven't seen the TV series yet. It's all over the place on the TV, and I don't want to watch it out of order, but I don't have Netflix, so I need to get it on DVD to watch it properly, and it's expensive everywhere I've seen it. I do plan to get it at some point though, especially now I'm reading and loving the books.