Friday, May 19, 2017

#Furkid Friday: "Wait! Did She Just Say #Dog?"

Hi everyone. This is Mollie the chinchilla.

The human caretakers are up to no good again. I should have known! I mean, things had calmed down around here. Sure, there are still plenty of noises from humans working outside. But things have been quiet inside, and the human caretakers had been behaving themselves. Like I said, I should have known that meant they were up to something.

They've brought some new stuff lately. We stopped paying much attention, since they weren't even willing to share the wood they brought... They just stacked stuff on it. It's like they don't even know how good wood is to chew! Humans!

Anyway, as I said, we stopped paying proper attention. Or, my chinchilla sister, Maizie, and I did. Our degu brother, Joshua, on the other hand, seemed more interested. He especially seemed interested in certain items, which he told us afterwards looked suspiciously like the kinds of things human caretakers provide for dogs.

If that wasn't enough, we heard the human caretakers talking about dogs a lot recently. I mean, we thought we'd heard the human caretakers say something about a dog a few times over the past couple of months. But nothing seemed to be happening, so we thought we'd imagined it. But now we know they're talking about a dog. Plus, as I said, Joshua is pretty convinced they've brought some dog stuff.

We think they might be planning to get one. Either that, or one is coming for a visit. We aren't too sure which.

Joshua, who says he's met several dogs in the past, doesn't seem concerned either way. Maizie and I, on the other hand, aren't sure how we feel about this. We don't know much about dogs, and haven't actually met any, so we don't know if Joshua's right not to be bothered, or if we should be worried.

Is there a dog coming? Is Joshua just acting tough, or does he really know enough about dogs that we can trust him on this?

I just don't know!

Squeak soon,
Mollie

2 comments:

Rita said...

Is there a dog coming??!! :) :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, there is! :)