Sunday, June 11, 2017

Identifying #Rocks And Their Uses

I love all aspects of the natural world, including rocks.

I have a whole collection of them. I got them as part of a magazine I collected about rocks, gems, and minerals. I can't read the magazine, since it's in print, but I collected it anyway just so I could have the samples of each type of rock they included with each magazine.

I love to examine them, even though some of the process of doing so is difficult - or impossible - for me, due to my lack of sight.

If you're interested in this type of thing too, you might want to take a look at this list of sites for identifying rocks.

Also, here's an interesting post that details the modern and traditional uses of crystals and stones, if you're interested in them for healing and spirituality purposes too.

6 comments:

Rita said...

I have loved rocks, too, since I was a kid. If I had a pocket it often had a rock in it. As an adult I have collected some crystals and rocks that I mostly keep by my bed. Good energy. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I'm not surprised to hear that about you. :)

Jeanie said...

I'll often pick up a rock or shell if I'm at a beach or traveling. It's a special memory that really helps ground you at the spot, even when you are miles away.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
It is indeed... I'm glad you have those shells and rocks to do that.

Intense Guy said...

I too, collect a small but special stone or shell from places I go to - as a memory aid.

Smiles.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
That's cool... Good for you!