Sunday, August 26, 2007

Honey cake

The picture to the right is my honey cake. I came across the recipe not long ago and it sounded nice, so I wanted to try it. I was going to have my Mam bake it for me, but I felt like baking today, and it seemed like a good opportunity to try the honey cake. I'm very proud of my honey cake, because I've NEVER made a cake completely by myself before. Every other time I've had someone helping me (usually either my Mam or my Nan). So, I'm VERY proud of myself, because my honey cake turned out really well, if I do say so myself.

Tori

11 comments:

StygianMuse said...

NOT what I should have done when I am so hungry! That looks SO good!!!

LadyStyx said...

oooooooooh yummy. I dont do a whole lot of baking anymore because this husband of mine doesnt do a whole lot of sweets so I end up eating most of whatever I bake myself. I certainly dont need that! The only time of year I'll bake is around Christmas, then I get it out of my system and can send whatever I make along with hubby for his workmates.

KAYLEE said...

yummmy but not when you are sick!

Kati said...

Ooooh, looks lovely!!!! Wanna share the recipe with us hungry souls???? *wink*

Debby said...

It looks very tasty and appealing. Congratulations on baking a perfect looking cake!!!!!!

ChicagoLady said...

You did a very nice job for your first time baking a cake on your own! Congratulations!

Tori_Z said...

Thanks everyone. Glad you think it looks so tasty!

Gypsy:
Yeah, looking at a photo of a cake isn't usually a good idea when you're hungry.

LadyStyx:
I don't usually do any baking apart from around Yule/Christmas time either. If any is done in my house any other time, it's usually Mam doing it. But, I felt like making this cake. So, I did.

Kaylee:
Sorry you're still feeling so rotten. :(

Kati:
The recipe is on the Our Online Recipe Book page of our site. The link is on the sidebar if you want to take a look.

Debby & ChicagoLady:
Thanks very much :)

CC said...

Cut me a piece :)

Tori_Z said...

*cuts a piece of cake each for everyone* :)

Intense Guy said...

Thank you for the delicious cake! ..at least it looks delicious! :-)

Tori_Z said...

Iggy:
You're welcome :)