Thursday, August 23, 2007

Some stuff

One of the things I hate most about getting sick, is the part when you're starting to get better, but you've still got a little way to go. There in lies the explanation to where I've been, and why I haven't been blogging. Even I don't blog in my sleep. I've been known to talk in my sleep, walk in my sleep, even do things like go for a pee, answer the phone, and get myself a drink in my sleep. But I've never done a blog in my sleep. Not yet anyway. LOL! So, that's why I haven't been around. I've spent the last couple of days doing the catching up on sleep thing, which tends to make blogging quite tricky. LOL!

I watched a couple of movies in between naps. LOL!

Sunday night, I watched 'Escape To Witch Mountain.' I've seen it at least a couple of times before, but I turned the TV on just as it was starting, so thought I'd watch it. It's a pretty good movie. I think it is anyway.

Monday afternoon, I watched 'Lady Death' with Kelly. Kelly brought the DVD and was watching it, so I watched it with him. Well, I say I watched it, but I was laying on the sofa while it was on, and I fell asleep about half way through it. What I saw of it was pretty good though. Maybe next time it's on I'll watch it all? LOL!

And I watched bits and pieces of other movies, but I can't remember what they were.

My Mam usually comes down to my place on a Monday, but with me still getting over my cold and cough, and Mam having loads to do this week because of Carl and Rachel being at her place, she didn't come. Kelly still went up there though, because he had a battle of some kind (I think it was Warhammer 40K) with Carl, Dad and Ian. For those who don't know, Ian is a family friend. Anyway, this meant it was just me and Kero Monday evening. Didn't really do anything though. Just alternated between sleeping, watching TV, trying to stay awake long enough to check blogs, and trying to work on a shopping list for Tuesday.

It's normally Mam and I who do my shopping. But, Mam had to be someplace else, and even though Kelly is sick himself, he kept insisting that I rest until I'm better (which I am now, for the most part). So, Kelly went to town to do our shopping by himself on Tuesday instead. Leaving me at home to catch up on the sleep I obviously needed.

Yesterday (Wednesday) Kelly went in to Swansea, and he got me some Simpsons comics, a set of Harry Potter playing cards, and some Lego.

My Mam and Dad have a HUGE collection of Lego at their house. It belonged to all of us when we were little. Some of it was even Dad's when he was little. I asked if I could have it at my place, but they want to keep it at their house "for the grand kids, when they arrive." I was a bit disappointed, because I love to play with Lego, so Kelly got me my own. It's nowhere near as impressive as the collection at my parents' place. But, it's all MINE so in some ways it's better! LOL!

I've felt really sorry for Kero over the past few days. With Kelly being out, and me having trouble staying awake, Kero hasn't been out for even a half decent walk. In fact, for the most part, he's just had to go in the yard. I don't think he's minded too much, because of all the rain, but I still feel bad for him. Today though, I've been able to stay awake all day (so far) and it's quite a nice day, so I took Kero for a nice, long walk. You should have seen his tail wagging! Bless him!

I think Kero's entering into a second puppy hood. He's still quite young (he's only three) but he's been doing some things lately that he hadn't done for some time. I think it could be to get our attention, because of us being sick. Whatever the reason for it though, it's cute! It's nice to see him play like a little puppy.

I've started the second lot of my pills. I'm meant to be going to see my gynaecologist some time next month. Not entirely sure when yet. I should get an appointment in the mail soon. I hope.

I haven't finished the Harry Potter book yet. Funnily enough, reading is one of the things I can't do while sleeping. LOL!

I missed a couple of birthdays... August 20th was my friend Tracy's son Domonick's birthday, and today is Kelly's cousin Holly's birthday. So, happy birthday to both of them!

Well, I think that's just about everything I can update you on. Sorry today's post isn't very interesting.

Hope everyone is well. Have a good day!

Tori

12 comments:

Debby said...

Your post was interesting. I was wondering how you were doing. I figured if you were not blogging you must still feel ill. I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I love the recovery sleep after being ill Recovery sleep is deep and healing. I have not been posting because I have been busy with errand and appointments. Hopefully today I can do a posting

Tori_Z said...

Debby:
Glad you found the post interesting! LOL!

I appreciate that the "recovery sleep" is a nice healing process and all that, but I don't like it, because I feel like I'm being lazy doing all that sleeping. I think, in the past three days, I've spent at most 12 hours awake. Total! I feel better for it, and I must have needed all that sleep, but it's still annoying when you can't even keep your eyes open long enough to watch a whole movie.

StygianMuse said...

I am sorry you're not fullyrecovered yet. But very happy you've been able to get some of that "recovery sleep".
I loved Escape to Witch Mountain.
Anyway, I hope you're feeling more like yourself soon!
Hugssss

AliceKay said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

Glad you're feeling better. Im the same way when Im not well. I just sleep and sleep and sleep.I *might* manage to stay awake a grand total of 3 hours a day, if that. They're not even consecutive either...45 minutes here, 10 there. I remember being so ill once that I fell asleep watching a video. I must have replayed it 5 times that day trying to watch the whole thing. I ended up falling asleep at the same point each time so I started fast forwarding it to where I left off so I could see the ending...LOL.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

yes and i found your post interesting tori.

and i am glad to hear your feeling better.

KAYLEE said...

GLAD YOU ARE FEELING A LITTLE BETTER!

Liz said...

Glad you are rested and feeling better, I don`t think westies ever grow up they are such characters.

KAYLEE said...

i am so sick :(

Tori_Z said...

Gypsy & AK:
Thanks *hugs*

Ladystyx:
Thanks. Man, and I thought I slept a lot when I'm recovering! LOL!

Grandma:
Good, and thanks!

Kaylee:
Thanks. :)

Sorry you're not feeling too well. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Auntie Lizzie:
Thank you. And, I think you're right about Westie's not growing up. LOL!

C-EP said...

Sleep is more important than blogging - Glad you're catching up!

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Carol! :)