Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday afternoon

It's Monday afternoon, and I'm just messing about while I wait for my Mam to arrive. She should be here pretty soon. I was going to work on my story while I waited, but the "grounds people" - as they like to call them now - are here cutting the grass, and their mowers and such are making so much noise I can't concentrate. Plus, it's next to impossible to write a story while trying to persuade a yapping dog that the people cutting the grass are actually allowed to do the job they're doing. So, instead, I thought I'd kill time by doing a little post on my blog.

Today is my Grandma's Yorkie's 2nd birthday. So, happy birthday Jayde! If you don't know, that's Jayde in the picture (top left of this post) with my boy, Kero, when Jayde was here with us while my Grandma was working on a move a little over a year ago. Kero and Jayde have known each other since Jayde was a six week old puppy, and they've always got on really well together. Jayde lived with me for a couple of months before my Grandma had her, and in that time I never had a single proble with them. Anyway, we sent Jayde a little package with some rawhide treats and a birthday card in it, and my Grandma got it the other day, so I know she has her pressies on time. Hope she enjoys them. I'm sure the treats will appeal to her most though. But then, isn't that the way with everyone? LOL!

I haven't even had a cup of tea yet today. I had my ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) drink earlier, and usually I'd make a cup of tea at the same time. I make my tea scolding hot then let it cool naturally until it's barely warm, so it takes me about half an hour from making a cup of tea to drinking it. Anyway, I never made my cup of tea this morning, for some reason. Don't know why. I guess I was too interested in blog posts or something. Finally made my cup of tea just now, so in about another 20 minutes or so I can drink it. LOL!

I think that's all the nonsense I have for you today, LOL! I hope you're all having a good day. Or, if your day hasn't started yet, I hope you have a good day.

Tori

10 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Happy Birthday Jade! She's a little cutie pie for sure.

I hear ya on Kero...our chihuahua (the black n tan on my blog page) is the same way. She hates workers in uniform in general to be honest.

Posts...hmmm....I guess Id better drop one today...not that I really feel like writing.

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx: Yeah, Jayde is a little cutie, isn't she?

Kero just generally hates people in uniform too. Especially if it involves a hat. Hubby and I can wear hats, but NOBODY else is. Same with hoods of coats. Even my family have to remove hats and hoods before entering the house or he goes nuts. He's not agressive or anything, he just does this annoying yappy warning bark that goes right through you. I've never known him so much as attempt to be aggressive towards someone in uniform (except for the time he was defending himself, but that's another story, and he only grabbed. There wasn't even a mark. Like I said though, that's a whole other story by itself!)

If you don't feel like writing, don't post anything. It's no big deal!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

tori , jayde says a very big THANK YOU , for her pressie's and card, and yes she loved the sho's, and the doughnut is her favourite.
ladystyx:thank you for jayde's wishes.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma: Tell Jayde she's welcome. I'm glad she liked her pressies. Give her a big hug from me.

Gypsy said...

I know what it's like to try to write and have so much going on around you that it's difficult to concentrate.

Tori_Z said...

Gypsy: Yes, I'm sure you do. I've noticed you have that problem quite often.

KAYLEE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!how are you?

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee: Physically, fine. Mentally, not so much! LOL! How are you?

Kati said...

I posted the Cornbread recipe for ya. I'll try to get the lasagna recipe up this weekend. I'm also going to try to start posting recipes along with the food pics, from now on. LOL

Oh, your dogs look so sweet. And they look as though they're waiting expectantly for a treat. LOL

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
I just saw and grabbed the recipe. It looks a bit easier to follow than the one I already had. Thanks! And, I look forward to seeing more of your recipes.

Yeah, they are waiting for a treat. How else would I get two dogs to look the same direction at the same time? LOL!