Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve 2007

So, today is officially the last day of 2007... And what a year it's been!!! All I'll say about it is that I hope 2008 is a much better year. Not just for me, but for all the rest of you who haven't had a particularly good year. And, if you were lucky enough to have had a really good year, then I hope 2008 is an even better year for you! :)

This place is SO quiet without Chance. Even Sakura - who was usually in compatition with Chance for the title of "noisy cat" - is being really quiet. I've hardly heard a meow out of her since Saturday. Poor Sakura, she acts so tough, but she isn't really, and now she's missing Chance as much as the rest of us (despite her claims when he was still around that she hated him).

I don't think Megan has realised that he's gone for good yet. But, Megan is such a laid back cat that it's hard to tell what's going through her head. She takes everything in her stride, and bounces back faster than a boomerang on a trampoline. I mean, Megan is the kind of cat who can run in to a closed window, fall backwards so hard she lands on her back, lays there slightly dazed on the floor (about 5 foot below said window) and just gets up, shakes herself off, and tries to get through the window again. LOL!

As for Kero... He's doing alright. Most of the time he's fine and playing, eating, etc, as he normally does, but every so often he gets upset over what seems like nothing, and starts wandering around whimpering or barking.

Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't let this become too much of a sad post, and I've already gone and let it turn in to a post about how the girls and Kero are coping without Chance. So, lets change the subject.

Carl and Rachel are coming down later to exchange Christmas presents with Kelly and myself. They're staying with Mam, Dad, Nan and Wayne to see in the new year, then going back up to Norwich just in time to start back to work.

Mam, Carl, Rachel and I are going to be going to one of the local pubs (the one closest to me, which is called "The Half Moon") after the presents. We've had it planned for a good few weeks, and I'm glad we're going out, because I could do with a change of scenery (not to mention a bit of exercise... LOL!)

About the only other thing I can tell you about is that I'm about half way through listening to "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire" on audio book. It's about 16 discs, so it's not really surprising that I'm only about half way through listening to it.

Well, I'm going to let this do for now. Happy New Year to you all. And, if you're planning on drinking, don't plan on driving!

Tori

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Have a Happy and Wonderful New Year.

I *finally* finished the 7th book last night. Personally I feel she still has so much she could do with that series to be honest. *shrugz* Just my opinion though.

AliceKay said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Tori. *hugs*

(hmm...styxie beat me here too....lmao)

KAYLEE said...

HAPPY NEW Year :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

yes tori lets hope 2008 is going to be a lot better for you all god knows it needs to be.

i had to smile when i read about megan and the window " that cat definightly has more that 9 lives " lol.

have a wonderfull evening and love to you all, nan xx

Tori_Z said...

Thanks all.

LadyStyx:
I completely agree about the seventh book. Personally, I thought she was in too much of a hurry to get the book written and out of the way. I felt she could have at least written an eighth book to tie up all the loose ends and answer all the unanswered questions properly. In fact, I think I mentioned this briefly when I gave my review of the book back in November (or was it the end of October? I dunno... Doesn't matter... lol)