Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Greetings fellow bloggers

Sorry I haven't been around over the last few days, I just haven't felt much like doing a blog.

A couple of days ago, I added a few new poems to my poetry page if you want to take a look. A couple of them were written around Christmas time, but there's a couple I wrote since the new year too. Just thought I'd let you know in case you want to take a look.

Sunday, Kelly, Kero and I went up to my parents' place to have a roast chicken dinner with Mam, Dad, Nan, Wayne and Willow. It was a lovely dinner, but then there's nothing like Mam's roast dinners! We spent the afternoon with them, and Mam made us a jam sponge and custard for our tea. That was lovely too!

Yesterday (Monday) Mam came down to my place and we were going to have dinner down here, but our heating (which has never worked particularly well) has decided to die completely, so Mam was too cold, so we (Mam, Kero and I) went up to my parents' place to have dinner with everyone else (Dad, Kelly, Nan and Wayne) instead.

We haven't done much today (Tuesday) although Kelly did go and get a few bits of shopping we needed. We didn't need much, but there were a few bits we'd run out of (like bread, milk, etc) and I wanted him to get some "rice milk" for me, because it's a lactos free milk that actually tastes OK, so I'm giving it a try, since I'm meant to watch my lactos intake because I'm lactos intolerant (yeah, that's right, I'm lactos intolerant, but my favourite "sweets" are chocolates and marshmallows. LOL!)

Since I wasn't on here Sunday, I didn't get a chance to say, "Happy Birthday," on here to my Auntie Lizzie, who's birthday it was on Sunday. So, I thought I'd say a late happy birthday to her today instead.

And, speaking of birthdays, today is my Nan's birthday. She doesn't come on the blogs, but I decided I'd say, "Happy Birthday," to her on here anyway.

Tori

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

I hope you have your heat working again. You never said. (i don't like being cold)

A belated happy birthday to your Auntie Lizzie and a Happy birthday to your Nan. :)

Tori_Z said...

AK:
No, we don't have it working. Haven't managed to get someone out to fix it yet.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i am going to take a peek at your poems in a minute tori, and like AK: i hope the heating soon gets sorted .

theteacher said...

We've taken our decorations down too and it was horrible. I know what you mean about the heating too. We've been there! LOL.

LadyStyx said...

Happy birthday to Auntie Lizzie and Nan.

No heat is no fun...expecially if it's been super cold out.

The rice milk is pretty good. I liked the vanilla flavor for everyday drinking (cereal, with a meal etc) and the plain for cooking (the vanilla added a sweetness to whatever was cooked..ew). Have you tried taking Lactaid to help you digest dairy? If you dont mind, Im going to ask how dairy affects you as for over 10 yrs I thought I was lactose intolerant and it turned out to be another problem entirely.....

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
Will go take a look at the comments in a bit.

Rachel:
Yeah, it does get a bit bare when the decs go down, doesn't it?

LadyStyx:
It doesn't really affect me in any serious way any more. I just end up feeling a bit sick if I've had too much dairy stuff in a certain amount of time. But it used to affect me really badly when I was really small. You'd have to ask Mam for details though, 'cause I just know that I had to have a special "lactos free baby milk" and for as long as I can remember I've been told to watch how much dairy stuff I have because I'm lactos intolerant. I mean, for all I know I might even have outgrown the problem.

LadyStyx said...

If you're bloated and a trifle gassy (and possibly a touch of the runs) it could be an intolerance as you think. Best bet is to ask dr when you go in next. I dont believe it can be out grown but I could be wrong. About 10 yrs ago dairy started affecting me badly. I had stomach pains that would come and go repeatedly and each wave was worse than the previous. The pain would then go up into my chest and I'd have less than 30 seconds to get to a toilet and next thing I knew I had projectile vomitting (sorry...I KNOW that's gross but if you're having that problem I'd rather be gross and have you get help than to sugar coat things...). I knew that the entire contents of my stomach would need to be tossed up before I'd feel good again. Each time was worse and worse until just before Thanksgiving 2006 when I was sick for 2 weeks and hubby finally dragged my ass to the hospital. Turns out that my "lactose problem" was pancreatitis and gall stones. After several days on nothing but IV fluids and then a surgery to remove the gall bladder (over 100 stones in that bugger), I felt much better. I can eat dairy without too much trouble now...just a bit of gas now and then (which can be handled easily with either Bean-O OR Lactaid). Lactaid also makes a milk you could try. Rice milk shouldnt give you trouble unless it's the grains you're allergic to. If any of those symptoms look familiar please see about getting to a dr pronto.

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx:
No, I never get as bad as that. Just end up feeling a bit queezy (I think I spelled that right) when I've had too much dairy stuff (like milk, chocolate, etc).

I don't know if you can grow out of it either, but I know you can with some allergies.