Sunday, February 10, 2008

My nice weekend

The weather has been beautiful yesterday (Saturday) and today (Sunday). After I did the post yesterday I took Kero out for a pee and noticed that it had warmed up quite nicely. We stayed out there for a good five or ten minutes longer than we normally do for a "potty break." We might have stayed out longer, but some of the local kids came racing past on their bikes and skateboards and Kero decided it was time to turn tail and head indoors. I can't say I was overly against it, because - although I like to be outside - I don't like to be out (at least not without another human) when I know the kids are around. Once we move I'll be able to enjoy being outside again, and let me tell you, it couldn't come soon enough for my liking.

Anyway, it stayed nice and sunny and warm all the rest of the day, and all of today. Although, it did start to get a little chilly as the sun was going down. But, I suppose that goes without saying.

Since Kelly goes up to my parents' place pretty much every Saturday, and often doesn't get home until quite late, we decided that - at least for the time being - when he goes up there for the gaming club, Mam will come down here. And, Kelly will stay the night at my parents' place, while Mam stays down with me. Of course, this wont be possible if Elizabeth is here on a Saturday night, but since she spends most nights (Saturday nights being one of them) with her boyfriend I don't see that becoming an issue. needless to say, Mam was here from around lunch time yesterday and stayed all night.

We spent most of the afternoon talking while doing our own thing. Mam was working on a character on one of the games she likes to play, and I was putting together a model dragon that my Dad brought for me.

It took me all afternoon and part of the evening to get that dragon put together. But, I really enjoyed doing it. It's now on top of our TV, and - if I do say so myself - looks really good. My Mam took a couple of photos of it on her phone to show my Dad, and she was going to e-mail them to me so I could get them on here. But we never got around to it. She's down tomorrow evening though, so we'll see about sorting them out then (hopefully).

Mam and I were going to watch some of my DVDs, but we never really got around to it, because we were too engrossed in what we were doing. Somehow we ended up just hanging out and not doing much of anything until gone midnight. And yet, we were both up and ready to face the day by 7:30 am (actually, Mam got up a little before that, but 7:30 am is when I got up).

We took our time getting ready to go up to my parents' place this morning, but were still ready to leave long before we needed to. We ended up leaving just before 11:00 am, planning on a slow walk through the park. It seems I'm learning to walk faster though, because - despite the fact I was setting the pace - we got to the other side of the park a good 35 to 40 minutes earlier than we'd planned to.

There's only one bus on a Sunday, and it was due about 50 minutes after we got to the bus stop. I've never liked the walk from that point to my Mam's place (the first bit's OK, but the second half of the walk is all up a steep hill) but we had a choice. Start walking or wait for almost an hour for a bus that may not even show up anyway (it's been known not to).

We walked.

I tell you what though, I was bloody knackered by the time I got to my parents' place. And Kero was just as tired as me. For the benifit of those who don't know the distance between my place and my Mam's place... There's about 2.5 miles between us. About 1/2 a mile of that is the park, and - as I said - the final mile is all up hill. It might not sound like too bad of a walk, but it's quite a walk for someone like me who rarely even does the 1/2 a mile through from one side of the park to the other without a long rest before heading for home. LOL!

We all spent the afternoon at my parents' place and had dinner with them. Mam made a roast beef dinner (roast beef, yorkshire puddings, parsnips, turnips, roast potatoes, cauliflower, sprouts, carrots and gravy) which was really nice. And, it was lucky it was a big joint of meat, because there were certainly enough of us to eat it. Besides the usual people (my parents, my Nan, Kelly, myself and my brother Wayne) there was also my sister (Elizabeth) and Dad's friend Lee.

Speaking of Lee. Today is his birthday. I don't usually put birthday wishes for friends of my parents on here, but Lee has been a family friend for as long as I can remember. So, I think he deserves a "happy birthday Lee!" :)

Kelly, Kero and I came home pretty much straight after dinner. Kero's now sprawled out on the sofa... Fast asleep. I'm thinking it wont be too long before I'm sleeping as well. LOL! In fact, I was thinking of finishing off this post and curling up in bed to listen to some more of my story (haven't listened to much over the past few days). Don't know how much I'll get to hear before I'm asleep, but never mind. LOL!

I want to go check a couple of blogs before I do that though, but before I do... Kaylee, I just wanted to say good luck to you for the tests at the hospital tomorrow. I hope they finally find some answers. *Hugs*

Enjoy whatever's left of your day :)

Tori

6 comments:

Kati said...

Sounds like it was a good walk up to your parent's house. I'm glad y'all had such a nice dinner! All the veggies in that roast dinner sound very yummy!

You've got an award to pick up at my place!!!

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Kati. Just been over and seen it :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori i know the distance from your place to your mams,and that dirty great hill no wonder you were knackered " did you have to walk back" ? and poor little kero doing it as well " bless him ".

the dinner sounded bloody good and plenty of veggies too.

i hope all goes well for " kaylee " tomorrow.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
No, Mam drove us back home (with her friend Kelly as co-driver) so at least we only had to walk one way.

Yes, the dinner was really nice :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

I bet you were very grateful to your mam taking you home.

Tori_Z said...

Yes, I was, Grandma