Today was another lovely day, so I thought I'd take advantage of this and wash all Kero, Sakura and Megan's blankets. Who'd have thought you could get three loads of washing just from their blankets? I certainly didn't think I would. But, I did. I'd planned on washing all their blankets, washing the blanket that goes over the sofa to keep it clean (easier to wash a blanket than a sofa if Kero or one of the cats jump on it with muddy paws) then wash the bits that we'd gotten dirty since I last did some washing (Tuesday). Turned out though that because it was after noon when I started, I only got the pet blankets done before the sun set and I didn't see the point in putting more stuff out since it wouldn't dry. Besides, our washing machine is quite noisy, so I don't like to put it on after a certain point in the evening. I'm hoping tomorrow is nice too so I can finish the rest after I get home from town. Although, now I've said that it's probably going to rain. LOL! Well, Kelly says if it's dry when he gets up and I'm not home then he'll start the washing off for me. That'd be a nice thing to come home to... Washing on the line and a nice dent in the pile in the baskets...
I haven't done much other than sorting out the washing today. I was going to watch "Alvin And The Chipmunks" which I got on DVD a few days back, but I didn't get around to it. Maybe Mam will want to watch it with me over the weekend? If not, I'll watch it Monday... Maybe. LOL!
I can't wait until Wednesday when the carpets are down and we can start unpacking properly. I'm getting a bit fed up of one or the other of us asking where something is and the other replying, "It's still packed." Seriously, if I never hear that phrase again it'll be too soon!
I was reading other people's blogs and some people were saying about how much they've got that they'd like to achieve this year. It made me think of all the things I'd like to achieve this year myself. There are only a couple of things. LOL!
* Get the carpets in (at least that one will be done next week).
* Get everything unpacked and sorted out (in the 2 & 1/2 years we lived in the old place we NEVER unpacked properly, and I know there are some things we want to get rid of... Thinking of taking those to a charity shop or something).
* Buy a new tumble dryer (the one we have right now is an old one we had off Mam that we're surprised it's still working and know it wont for much longer, and we need a tumble dryer because of how much it rains here).
* Get a new cooker (simular issues as with the dryer, but it wasn't from my Mam, it was from a second hand shop or something like that).
* Clean up the garden so we can sort the fencing properly and plant some veggies and stuff out there. Not to mention the fact we'd be able to sit out there and enjoy the garden once it's cleaned up.
* Get a hold of a compost bin (wanted one for a while, but never got around to it... I think it's time I did).
There are a couple of other things, but they aren't important enough to need mentioning at the moment.
I was reading MarmiteToasty's blog, and it seems she's not getting over her op as quickly (or as smoothly) as she'd like to be. I was thinking she could probably do with a few possitive thoughts, or prayers, or whatever else sent her way. So, if you can see your way clear to doing that, I'm sure she'd appreciate it.
I think that's just about everything for today. Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)