Sunday, April 06, 2008

We got some snow!


OK, so I had to wait until we were well in to Spring before I got my snow, but I FINALLY got my snow! Admitedly it wasn't very much of it, and it was gone by lunch time, but never mind. The pic above is what I woke up to find at about 7:00 am this morning. Sorry if it's not a particularly good photo, but I took it myself, and with my phone's camera (the batteries for the proper camera are dead, and I can't get to the charger right now). Didn't think Kelly would appreciate being woken up at 7:00 am on a Sunday morning just to take a photo of some snow for me, otherwise I'd have had him take the photo. LOL! Kelly says I did a pretty good job of taking the photo though, but he might just be saying it to make me feel good. LOL!
Anyway...
Kero seemed pretty pleased to see the snow. It was him going nuts and rolling around in it that made me check if there was snow on the ground. I'd thought it was snowing when I took him out for a pee before we went to bed, but wasn't sure. Guess I must have been right. All I know for sure is that I let him out, then he started playing in the snow and I wondered what he was doing, so I was going to investigate when I realised the ground felt different under my feet. That was when I discovered the snow.
By the way, the pic was taken in the back garden (the part that only we use). Not sure of all what you can see, but if you can see the building to the right then that's our sheds. LOL! Will see about getting some good pics taken when we've sorted out a bit more and I can get the batteries for the digital camera charged for either Mam or Kelly to take the pics.
Tori

20 comments:

Karen said...

the photo is great honey well done for getting Kero in it too

KAYLEE said...

YAYAYAY for snow!!!!!!!! :(

Kati said...

*grin* Glad you & Kero got to enjoy some snow!!! And, it IS a good pic!

KAYLEE said...

how are you tori?

MarmiteToasty said...

We got more snow then youhooo lol..... aint it great, ours was a blizzard though it was gone by late afternoon, it was almost a heatwave this after....... BLOODY WEIRD OR WHAT....... nip into Twaddle and come have a butchers at me snow.... we got more snow then youhooo LOL.....your dog is wellabit cute :)

x

MarmiteToasty said...

yeah some of them doodles just moan and groan LOL.... :)

x

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well done tori love that is a really great photo and you got kero in it and all of him, :).

Tori_z said...

Thanks all.

Kaylee:
I'm fine. You?

Toasty:
Just been to twaddle... No fair you getting more than us! Though, I think part of that is that a lot of ours didn't stick properly 'cause of the rain and hail yesterday. Otherwise we might have had more.

KAYLEE said...

i am not doing well temp of 104 :(

Tori_z said...

Sorry to hear that Kaylee *hugs*

KAYLEE said...

awww thank you tori! I will get though it Its just been a rough last couple of weeks :(

Tori_z said...

I understand completely. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Thats a great picture Tori. The garden looks very inviting too.

I'm going to have to go find Ladystyx and use her dictionary but I think I get the jist of "nip into Twaddle and come have a butchers at me snow" :)

LadyStyx said...

*hands iggy the dictionary* All yours buddy. If anyone's looking for me... I went back to NY and have a suite in Hutchings.....

Intense Guy said...

Oh dear, Ladystyx has been driven to the insane asylum.

AliceKay said...

LOL, Iggy.

Yes, it's a great pic, Tori...nice and clear and we can see the snow!! :)

Tori_z said...

Thanks AK and Iggy :)

LadyStyx:
Um... OK. I assume "hutchings" is the insane asylum Iggy refered to, but... Why?

Intense Guy said...

I think the language differences just drove her over the edge, Tori.

Marmitetoasty (what is marmite toasty anyway?) uses some very colorful local idioms.

Twaddle? - I assumed this meant "silliness".

Butcher (as in "a butchers at me snow")? - I assume this means "a look see".

LadyStyx said...

Thank you iggy. I wasnt quite sure how to put it. Amazing that we speak the same language, yet at the same time dont. Maybe it's just me....

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
A MarmiteToasty is a toasted sandwich with marmite in it (sort of like veggiemite). You were right on the other stuff.

LadyStyx:
It's not just you. Kelly, Dad and I were talking about how universal English isn't the other day. It's stupid. You'd think English would be English and that's that. But, nope! They have to make it complicated.