Monday, May 05, 2008

Boxes, boxes and more boxes

Firstly, Kaylee has surgery today and I just wanted to take a moment to let her know I'm thinking of her and hoping all goes well.

Anyway...

We've spent the best part of yesterday (Sunday) and today (Monday) unpacking boxes. Finally starting to see that progress is being made. There are still some boxes in the crawl space to be unpacked, and some things in Harry's cupboard that can't be put away until the crawl space is free for them to go in to, but that's about it. Well, apart from the movies and CDs in stacks on the spare room floor waiting for Mam and I to label them. But they don't count because technically they are unpacked. We're hoping to get at least the bulk of the movies and CDs labeled and put on their shelves this coming weekend since it's Mam's weekend with me.

I discovered there were a load of audio books I hadn't labeled either. They were probably ones I got for Christmas. I'm working on labeling them myself though, because with audio books they say the title and author at the start. There has been the odd time I've had to ask Kelly how to spell someone's unusual name, but other than that doing them myself has been easy. It's harder with CDs and movies though. They don't tend to announce the titles (or in the case of the CDs, the artists and album/single titles)... Well, a couple of the newer DVDs have audio description and tell you the title when it comes on the screen, but that's it. Anyway, that's why I'm waiting for Mam to help with those.



Right, well, I'm tired and achy and can't be bothered to type any more. Besides, I need to dry the dishes I've washed and then see about bed since I've got to be up early for a dentist appointment in the morning. So... I'll let this do for tonight.


Tori

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

I hope Kaylee's surgery went well. Will be looking for an update.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow too, and I'm not looking forward to it. An hour in a dentist chair having my front teeth worked on is not my idea of fun. :(

Hope you can get some rest tonight and have a good day tomorrow. *hugs*

(i'm all caught up now)

LadyStyx said...

*HUGZ* I dont like dentists much either (or poediatrists or opthamologists or etc etc etc).

I hope Kaylee feels better soon. She's such a sweet kid.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

first of all " best of luck to kaylee "hugs :).

you must be really glad that you can at last sort things out at last, and good luck with all the labeling you and your mam will be doing, :).

i think your mam said on the phone that you were all ok at the dentist.

big hugs all round.

Tori_z said...

I'm sure Kaylee will be on with an update as soon as she's feeling up to it.

AK:
Glad you're all caught up. :)

At the moment I'm not minding the dentist too much since I've so far not needed any work done (apart from having a tooth capped when I was in my teens). Hope your dentist appointment went smoothly.

LadyStyx:
It's not so much I don't like the dentist as I'm getting to the point I feel like I'm spending more time with doctors and dentists than I am in my own home. LOL!

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Yes, we are glad we can finally sort things out.

And, yes, we were all fine at the dentist. :)