Thursday, May 01, 2008

Phone call from the vet

Since the cats left on Saturday morning I've been worrying about them. I kept wondering if I should call the vet and see if they were doing OK, and if they'd gone to their new home yet or not. I finally decided that if I didn't hear anything by tomorrow then I'd call and check. I don't need to now though.

A little after 11:00 am this morning the vet called and told me that the cats are both fine and that today (Thursday) they go to their new home together. I was very pleased to hear this - as you can probably imagine - but was even more pleased when she told me more about their new home. It's a small-holding with other animals on it (including rats they're allowed to chase and... well, we all know what cats do with rats...) and that's exactly what I'd hoped to find for them. I know they'll be happy in a place like that. I mean, what cat wouldn't be? Fields to play in, rats to chase, other animals to make friends with (or decide they don't like and avoid, lol) and humans to trip up. Yep, it's cat heaven! LOL! :)

This is the first time I've actually felt happy about our decision since the girls left on Saturday. I knew all along it was what was best for them, but I wasn't happy about it. Now, though, I know they're going to have so much more than even I could have given them. So, now I'm happy, because they'll be happy, and that's all I've ever wanted for my furkids. :)

Tori

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Ah, excellent news indeed!

I'm sure the cats were very happy living with you, Kelly, Kero and the rest of the menagerie -

This will be a bold and brave new life for them.

Tori_z said...

Thanks Iggy :)

It's just me, Kelly and Kero now. *Sigh*

AliceKay said...

It sounds like the cats have found a nice home. I'm glad you've heard about them. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

Thanks AK :)

Yes, it does sound like they've found a nice home.