Thursday, July 24, 2008

Is Summer finally here?

It certainly seems as though Summer may finally have arrived. So far this week every day has been beautiful and sunny... Nice and warm but not overly hot. I think the radio said the temperature was around 23 C today (I think that's about 78 F). I hope the day of Carl and Rachel's wedding is as lovely as this week has been.

We took advantage of the lovely weather and got some washing done and out on the line. The last few bits are out on the line finishing off getting dry before the sun sets. Almost everything is indoors and even put away though (we don't iron... Apart from anything else, I don't see the point in it... Your clothes will only get all screwed up when you put them on anyway).

My Nan got me a couple of audio books from the market on Friday. They've been sitting on the coffee table since she brought them to me on Sunday. We finally got around to labeling them today, so now they're in the bedroom waiting to be listened to (along with a couple my Grandma sent from a friend of hers a good few weeks ago, and one my Grandma sent me the other day). I might listen to one or two of them before I go away for the wedding, but we'll see. They'll be there for me when I get back anyway, so no rush.

It's hard to believe that this time last week I'd not long had my op and was laying in a hospital bed listening to the seagulls screeching outside the window (the hospital is really close to the sea, so hearing seagulls while in it is perfectly normal).

Anyway... I can't think of anything else to say at the moment. So... I hope you and your family are happy, healthy, etc. And, of course... Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like you've been having some beautiful weather over there. It's nice outside here at the moment, but we got with another blast of pouring down rain this morning. It was so windy that the electric even went off for a split second...long enough to shut down my computer in the office.

KAYLEE said...

I want that eather. By the way I am doing okay been alittle sad today but no pain!

Intense Guy said...

Ah! There is nothing quite like the smell of clothes and bedding that have been in a nice sunny breeze to dry.

:)

LadyStyx said...

Mmmmm line dried clothes. Brings back memories of home. Nowadays I dont dare. It's not the Im afraid that anyone's gonna pinch my clothes...it's more like with all the allergies I have the last thing I need to do is bring in clothes that have been collecting pollen all day.

Tori_z said...

AK:
Hope you get some really nice weather soon.

Kaylee:
Hope you get some nice weather soon. And I also hope you're feeling more cheerful today. Still, not being in pain is a good thing. *hugs*

Iggy:
*Nods* Yeah, it doesn't quite smell as nice when it comes out of the dryer, does it?

LadyStyx:
Probably the best idea... No sense making your alergies worse when you can avoid it.