Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The gardens: Part 1

OK... After a break to get some sleep and then to explain about the elephants, I'm going to continue where I left off with telling you about my trip.

I didn't go to the thing in the evening. Dinner finished about 7:30 pm (ish) and there was a disco and buffet thing in the evening. I was going to go, but between the fact I'm not a big fan of discos (I love music but I also love being able to hear myself think) and the fact I wouldn't have wanted much to eat (if anything) anyway because I was full from dinner I wasn't all that eager to go. Besides, I knew my Mam, my Dad and Wayne would want to stay really late and would probably enjoy themselves a lot more if they didn't have me there. So instead I went back to the hotel. It meant I missed out on the marshmallows and strawberries dipped in chocolate, but I was so full I wouldn't have eaten many anyway, and I wasn't going to go to a disco for a few hours just for a few marshmallows and strawberries dipped in chocolate. If I want some that badly I can buy some chocolate, melt it and dip marshmallows and strawberries in it at home.

No offense Carl and Rachel... But you know discos aren't my thing, and I was there for the important part. In fact, I think it was Carl who said I didn't have to go to the disco thing if I didn't want to.

Nan, Grandma and Grandad stayed behind too, bbut we all kept to our own rooms. I was going to go see Grandma and Grandad but was worried Grandad might be trying to sleep and I didn't want to disturb him. Besides, I got in to the TV, which Wayne put on for me in case I felt like watching it (told you he was being really nice all weekend)... LOL!

Mam, Dad and Wayne (especially Wayne) said they really enjoyed themselves though. :)


Grandma, Grandad and Wayne left on Sunday morning. Shortly after they left Mam, Dad, Nan and I went over to Carl and Rachel's place for a barbeque. Half a dozen of their friends were there too (I think more were meant to come, but we'd left before they did). And I FINALLY got to meet Tilly. Why do I say "Finally"? Because I've been hearing about Tilly for a good 5 & 1/2 years, but never met her. So on Sunday I finally got to meet her. I didn't get to talk to her long, but from what I could gather in the short time we talked, she's just as nice as Carl and Rachel make her out to be. Tilly is the person who brought Carl and Rachel together, if I'm not mistaken.

After the barbeque we went back to our hotel. We did consider just lounging around for the afternoon, but Nan (and I think Dad too) really wanted to see the gardens (since we had free access) so we just grabbed my camera and went in to have a look.

Here are a couple of pics Dad took of the gardens (I let him loose with my camera, lol).

And here are a couple of photos Dad took of me, Mam and Nan in the gardens



Kaylee said...

Tori, I am so goad you had a fun trip! I am back in the hospital :(

Kaylee said...


Tori_z said...

I'm sorry you're back in the hospital. Hope you wont be in there for long. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Those "recycled" stones look like they were from an old church - possibly an old ruin - and they built walls and fountains from them - really awesome looking stone work and rather creative.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Tori!

LadyStyx said...

Very nice pix!

Tori_z said...

I think - if I rember rightly - they were from a church or something that got knocked down and the stones were then brought there by the person who made the garden.

I'll see if I can dig up any info for you over the next couple of days, ok? :)

Glad you enjoyed them. :)

Tori_z said...


AliceKay said...

Beautiful gardens and great pics. Your dad did good.

Tori_z said...

He'll be pleased to know you think so.