Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleep, weather, birthdays, and more (FD)

I think my body finally had enough, because I FINALLY got some decent sleep! In fact, I ended up spending a large part of Friday sleeping. And I still slept Friday night. YAY for sleep! :)


It was beautiful and sunny yesterday (Saturday) all day. So, I sat outside and worked on some of my knitting for a while. Partly to be outside enjoying the nice weather, and partly because Wayne was watching one of the movies we'd taped for him, and I didn't want to watch it. Then, after lunch, I put the laundry out on the line to dry in the afternoon sun.

I was going to watch the other movie with Wayne, but I got bored part way through, and went to sleep. By the time I woke up, Kelly said he'd been gone for a little while. Oops! Well, I obviously needed it, because I still slept a decent amount - for me - last night.

The first movie Wayne watched was "Dragonball Z" and the other movie was called "Damn You To Hell" (or something like that). I'm not reviewing the first at all, because I didn't watch any of it, and I'm not doing a proper review of the other one, because I slept through most of it, but I will say this... I didn't like it. It was rubbish, and boring. The most exciting thing to me was the fact Wayne was sharing chocolate biscuits with me that Nan had given him. No, seriously! That was the only thing I enjoyed while watching it!


I also fell asleep watching something about people recreating 17th century farming life last night. I forget what the show was called, but it involved four people - two men, two women - who were supposedly experts on 17th century farming, so had been sent to live on a farm for a year, and live as they would have back then. They have access to only items that would have been available then, and have to do all the farm work and such between themselves, and as it would have been back then. While a camera crew films them, for the rest of the world to see. They were making cheese, making butter, sheering sheep, etc. I'm not sure how old the show is, because with the channel it was on, it might have been a few years old, but it was a good show... Shame I missed the end. But, never mind, it will probably be back on again at some point... Everything that's shown on Sky usually is at some point, I just have to keep an ear open for it being on again.


It's raining today. I had stuff I needed to do indoors today though, so that's OK. I need to get the rest of this stuff sorted by Wednesday. I'll explain why in an upcoming post, so wont go in to it now. Anyway, most of it's done, but I had a load to do in the spare room, because stuff has just been shoved in there. Same with the cupboard where our coats and shoes are. So, I sorted the cupboard, and have mostly sorted the spare bedroom.

I think I over did it though. There's an armchair in the spare room, and I wanted it moved, so I moved it. Apparently carrying an armchair across a room on my own when I'm already hot from moving boxes... Not a good idea! When I had it nearly where I wanted it, I had to put it down and go lay down, and - most importantly - cool down. I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to faint or be sick. I layed on the sofa for a bit, because there was stuff on the spare bed, and Kelly and Kero were sprawled on our bed, then - when I didn't feel so sick and dizzy - I had an ice-lolly to cool myself down. I got the job done in the end though, and was more careful to rest after that. The bits left to do now aren't much work though, but I really needed to rest. So, I'm on strike until tomorrow.


It's my sister-in-law, Rachel's birthday today. So, happy birthday, Rachel! :)

I did call her up and say happy birthday, but I didn't talk to her for long. For one thing, she has a bit of a cold and sore throat, for another thing, I don't talk to Rachel often, so I'm not 100% sure what to talk to her about. I have a rough idea on her likes and dislikes, but where most of them are different to mine, I don't really know where to start with talking to her. I can talk to my brother, Carl, for hours. But we grew up together, plus, I like many of the things he does, so we usually start on a topic we both have an interest in, then end up talking about random things. When it comes to talking to Rachel though, I don't know where to start. I wish I did, because Rachel's really nice, and it would be nice to say more than just, "hi Rach, is Carl there?" when I call up and she answers the phone. And to have done more than just said, "happy birthday," and asked if she was having a good birthday, and what she'd gotten for it when talking to her today. OK, I did say more than that, but not much, and I'm sure you get the point.


I'm going to say, "happy birthday," to Eleri today, because her birthday is tomorrow, but I have a post already scheduled for tomorrow. So, "happy birthday for tomorrow, Eleri!"


Right, I'm going to let this do for today. So...

Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe! :)


AliceKay said...

I'm glad you were finally able to get some much needed sleep. Things are easier to do when you aren't exhausted.

You gotta be careful, especially when carrying big chairs and things. You could hurt your back, and we both don't want that to happen now, do we?

I'm pretty sure my son has seen Dragonball Z. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of that second movie.

The farming show sounds interesting. Hard to imagine how things were done before modern day conveniences. I wouldn't want to live that way. LOL

Happy birthday to Rachel, and a happy birthday (tomorrow) to Eleri. I hope they both have special ones.

And I hope you had a great Sunday. *hugs*

Deanna said...

Yea for sleep!!!

I almost never have trouble sleeping, and then BOOM - sleep will not come. I've laid awake three nights straight and it is driving me crazy.

Some people are just harder to talk to than others. At least you call and talk as long as it is comfortable. That is all that matters.

Catching up on posts. Have a great week.


Toriz said...

it's much easier to function when you're not exhausted.

I know. The back was fine though, I just got too hot, and wound up feeling sick the rest of the day from it... I don't deal with heat very well.

That's true... At least I called!

Intense Guy said...

I'm sure she was happy to hear from you when you called.

I'm glad you are okay - moving chairs isn't any fun - and it sounds like it was a warm and sticky day... glad everything is (or is nearly, depending on whether you ended your strike yet).

And yay for sleep! You could sing that song from Oliver twist, Food Glorious Food replacing Food with Sleep... and well some of the other words too - but it wouldn't take much changing!


Toriz said...

Yeah, it was a hot sticky day.

I'm off strike, but haven't totally finished sorting stuff. I have it sorted enough that I didn't mind the guy going around the place and looking wherever he needed to on Wednesday though. ;)

Yeah, I could do that...