Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just some riddles - for fun!

Question: I live in Winter, and die in Summer, and I grow with my roots facing up. What am I?
Answer: An icicle.

***

Question: What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel.

***

Question: What can you catch but not throw?
Answer: A cold.

***

Question: I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?
Answer: A nose.

***

Question: What goes around the world but stays in a corner?
Answer: A stamp.

***

Question: Give me food and I will live; give me water and I will die. What am I?
Answer: Fire.

***

Question: What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
Answer: A river.

***

Question: You use a knife to slice my head, and weep beside me when I’m dead. What am I?
Answer: An onion.

***

Question: I went in to the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn’t find it. What is it?
Answer: A splinter.

***

Question: I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest man can’t hold me for more than a minut. What am I?
Answer: Breath.

***

Question: Until I am measured, I am not known, yet do you miss me when I have flown. What am I?
Answer: Time.

***

Question: What walks on four legs in the morning, two at mid day, and three in the evening?
Answer: A human does. As a baby, it crawls; in old age, uses a cane.

***

Question: What is it that, after you take away the whole, some still remains?
Answer: The word "wholesome."

***

Question: What jumps when it walks, and sits when it stands?
Answer: A kangaroo.

2 comments: