Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holidays 2013

Well, I'm not sure how we got to this point so quickly, but the holidays (as in Yule and christmas) are over for 2013, and 2014 is just around the corner.

There wasn't much this year because money was tight with Kero's vet bills and taking in Cara and Luna, but I for one enjoyed the holidays despite that. I mean, there wasn't much, but what we had was all stuff we thought was great.

I had a My Little Pony pegasus from the "Build A Bear" workshop from my brother, Carl, a jumper with a Westie on it from my Mam, some stickers to use in cardmaking from Kelly, some money from most of the rest of the family, a lot of chocolate, and a few DVDs from Kelly ("The Host" and a couple of Scooby Doo DVDs).

I made my own home made sweet mince pies, which were done using a filling made from raisins and dried cranberries soaked for two days in lemon juice and orange juice. I also made double chocolate brownies, plus a star shaped white chocolate and cranberry cake. They were all very tasty if I say so myself!

Dinner was home made stuffing made by me to make sure it was vegetarian friendly, minted roast potatoes, honey roast parsnips, carrots, sprouts and cranberry sauce for me, and honey-mustard ham, herby turkey and minted roast potatoes for Kelly. Kero and Cara had some of the honey-mustard ham and herby turkey, and the five degus had hazelnuts, peanuts and oat cakes (the nuts were still in their shells).

And I watched my favourite Christmas movie and read my favourite Christmas story on Christmas Eve, which means watching "Santa Clause - The Movie" and reading "The Bear Father Christmas Forgot" - I did read other stories and watch other movies as well though.

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hugs.

A perfect demonstration of how Christmas isn't about money.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
*Nods in agreement*