Friday, September 03, 2021

Lilie The #Westie Talks About Her Exciting August

 Hi everyone.  This is Lilie the Westie.


Mummy finally let me have a turn on here again.  Yeah, I know... She should let me post more often, since you'd rather hear from an adorable pup like me than a boring human like her.  I've been telling her that for weeks, but does she listen? No! I've been training her for more than four years, and she still needs a lot of work.  I'm thinking of sending Mummy to obedience school.


Anyway, it's been an exciting few weeks; August was a fun month for me and Logan.


First we had a ride in Nana's car.  Mummy said we were going to the groomer, but when we got there Nana just looked at a bit of paper on the door, and we went home.  I'm not sure what's up with that.  All I know is we still haven't been groomed, and even Mummy and Nana don't seem too sure about why the groomer cancelled, or when we'll get our grooming sessions.  The car ride was fun though.


Another time we went to Nana's house, and we played with Izabel for lots and lots of time.  It was great! Sometimes Mummy and Nana - especially Mummy - even joined in, which all three of us really loved.


Then there was the ccar ride this past weekend, after Nana got a new special cover for her back seat, and got me a seatbelt clip like Logan, since I decided I don't want to be in the carseat any more if Logan isn't going to be in one (which he isn't when Izabel is in the car too).  So Mummy and Nana decided Izabel should keep her seat for herself, they got rid of the baby seat I was using, and now me and Logan have special straps that atatch to our harnesses to make them act like seatbelts.  We went on the car ride to see how we liked them.  We liked them just fine, but we somehow got all tangled at one point when we decided we didn't want to be the way around that Mummy and Nana had put us (they put Logan by the door and me in the middle, between him and Izabel, but he wanted the middle spot and I wanted to be by the door).  We settled down just fine when they swapped us around though.  At least, as long as they kept the windows open, since I don't like when they close them.  Hey, if they're going to insist on car rides, the least they could do is give me a way to catch some of the scents as we ride, don't you think?


If that wasn't enough, we had another outing on Tuesday.  This time we went in Grandad's car.  Grandad doesn't use the clips, but instead puts our dog crate in the back of his car and has us ride in that.  We don't really like riding that way, but we jump in when he tells us to anyhow.  At least we try to... It's a bit too big of a jump for me to manage without them giving me a boost.  I might feel like a big dog inside, but I'm only a small one on the outside.  Anyway, it was only a short car ride, because we were just going to play in Grandad's garden for a while.  We love Grandad's garden.  It has birds to watch, because he has food out for them, and fun things like moss to roll in.  Both of which were activities I took great pleasure in enjoying several times during the time we were there.  Logan mostly just sat beside Mummy watching me and the birds.  His loss if you ask me.  Mummy says I should tell you I was a good girl though, because I only watched the birds and didn't try to chase them away.  And Mummy didn't mind that I smelled all mossy, because she said it made her think of walks in the woods, and she liked that.  Oh, and she says to tell you - for those interested - that we saw some bluetits, a great-tit, loads of sparrows, a robin, and one she thinks Grandad said was a female stonechat.


Lots of licks,

Lilie


P.S. Mummy also says to tell you the inspection went well.  I'm not sure what she's talking about personally, but she says you'll understand.  If not, she says to read her post from this past Monday.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm glad the inspection went well -- and nice to have so many outings!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Mummy says thanks. And, yes, having all those outings was fun. Tiring though, even for a very energetic dog like me.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Rita said...

Glad your inspection went well.
Any dogs who love car rides are glad to be out and about whenever they can--yes! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Mummy says thanks.

And, yes, I love going out, whether on paw or by car.

Lots of licks,
Lilie