Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March reading challenge - luck of the Irish

The reading challenge for March on one of the groups I'm a member of on Goodreads was based on a St Patrick's Day theme, since that holiday falls this month. The challenge was to read books with titles that spelled out the letters of a word based on the theme. We were given a list of words to choose from, with the level of difficulty of the challenge based on how many letters your word has. I decided to pick "Leprechaun" for my word.

I finished the last book I needed to complete the challenge early this morning, so...

L - Legend Of Mace (Mace Of The Apocalypse, #4) by Daniel J. Williams (Read March 1st 2014).
E - Elemental Cascade (Fuel To The Fire, #3) by David Staniforth (read March 16th 2014).
P - Podwitch by Nick Poulton (read March 11th 2014).
R - Robin: Lady Of Legend (The Classic Adventures Of The Girl Who Became Robin Hood) by R.M. ArceJaeger (read March 8th 2014).
E - The End by Robert Bartlett (read March 17th 2014).
C - Charlotte And The Army Of Wolves by Kevin Barry (read March 12th 2014).
H - Harriet's Hare by Dick King-Smith (read March 9th 2014).
A - Alloria (Labyrinth Of Labyrinths, #1) by David Staniforth (read March 5th 2014).
U - Until Dawn by A.J. Diaz (read March 13th 2014).
N - Nanny McPhee And The Big Bang by Emma Thompson (read March 19th 2014).

Oh, and a belated happy St Patrick's day to you! :)

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

I've never heard of any of these books - do you recommend any of them in particular?

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I highly recommend the "Fuel To the Fire" trilogy by David Staniforth (the trilogy ending with "Elemental Cascade"). They're available from most ebook retailers, and the first book in the trilogy is currently free. "Alloria" (by the same author) is really good too, but though I gave it the same rating I think the "Fuel To The Fire" trilogy is a little better.

Intense Guy said...

I downloaded Fuel to the Fire. Thanks!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
You're welcome; hope you enjoy it as much as I did!