It's Day five of the WordCrafter Poetry Treasures Blog Tour, and time for us to spend a little time with poet, Kevin Morris, and learn about his inspiration for one of the poems he included in the "Poetry Treasures" anthology. So, over to you, Kevin.
I have long been soothed by the sound of rain. It’s sound reminds me of my own mortality. I will “go my way” to the grave, but others will stay behind listening to the eternal rain.
---
I Hear the Rain:
I hear the rain again.
How it does pour
Over city street and moor.
When I go my way,
The rain will stay.
And others will remain,
Listening to the rain.
---
Author biography:
Kevin Morris was born in Liverpool, on 6 January 1969. He attended the Royal School for the Blind and Saint Vincent’s School for the Blind (both of which are located in Liverpool). He has happy memories of leafing through “Palgrave’s Golden Treasury”, “The Oxford Book of English Verse” and other poetry collections in the school library. It was during his time in the school library, together with the many hours spent sitting on his grandfather’s knee as he read to him, that Kevin derived his love of literature and poetry in particular.
Kevin read history and politics at University College Swansea and graduated with a BA (joint hons) and a MA in political theory.
In 1994 Kevin moved to London where he now lives and works. He is lucky to live close to an historic park in the Upper Norwood/Crystal Palace area (a suburb of greater London). Upper Norwood derives its name from the Great North Wood and is one of the greenest parts of greater London.
Kevin uses a standard Windows computer equipped with software called Job Access with Speech or JAWS, which converts text into speech and braille enabling him to compose his poetry and perform other tasks on his computer.
You will find some of Kevin’s poetry on his lovely blog here: https://kmorrispoet.com/
K Morris Amazon US author page: https://www.amazon.com/K-Morris/e/B00CEECWHY
The five poems presented in this anthology first appeared in The Further Selected Poems of K Morris published on Amazon on 27 February 2021 in Kindle and paperback.
Links:
Author’s blog - https://kmorrispoet.com/
Author’s Twitter - https://twitter.com/drewdog2060_
Author’s (UK) Amazon author page - https://www.amazon.co.uk/K.-Morris/e/B00CEECWHY/
Author’s (amazon.com) Author page - https://www.amazon.com/K.-Morris/e/B00CEECWHY/
Author’s Goodreads page - https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6879063.Kevin_Morris
Author Newsletter sign up page - https://mailchi.mp/426d57064ebd/sign-up-to-my-newsletter
Blurb
A collection of poetry from the poet/author guests of Robbie Cheadle on the "Treasuring Poetry" blog series on Writing to be Read in 2020. Open the book and discover the poetry treasures of Sue Vincent, Geoff Le Pard, Frank Prem, Victoria (Tori) Zigler, Colleen M. Chesebro, K. Morris, Annette Rochelle Aben, Jude Kitya Itakali, and Roberta Eaton Cheadle.
Purchase links for Poetry Treasures
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/Poetry-Treasures-Sue-Vincent-ebook/dp/B0933KSJR9
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poetry-Treasures-Sue-Vincent/dp/B093QLNGC5
Don't forget, you can follow the tour and leave a comment at each stop for a chance to win one of three digital copies of Poetry Treasures to be given away. (Winners will be randomly selected following the end of the tour.)
***~~~****
Since when I contribute to an anthology is the only time I make an exception and review a book containing my writing, and this is one of those times, I have a review of "Poetry Treasures" for you today too. So, here you go:

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I don't like to review my own work, but am reviewing this book since I'm one of many authors who have contributed to it. And what a talented group of authors; I'm honoured to have my work featured in a collection with so many amazing poets. I'd read the work of some of them before, while others were new to me, but all were a delight to read. There's quite a mixture of styles and topics explored among the poems in this collection, but there wasn't a poem among them I didn't find a pleasure to read, and it's impossible for me to pick favourites. The only reason I don't give this book the full five stars is that I don't feel it would be fair for me to review my own poems, so don't feel I can justify giving the book a full five stars when I'm not reviewing three of the poems that make up the collection. However, had it not been for that, I would have given this book the full five stars.
View all my reviews


11 comments:
I will have to get this! Hugs!
Many thanks for this post, Tori. Best wishes. Kevin
Hi Tori, thanks for sharing this post, it is appreciated.
Iggy:
I hope you enjoy it. *hugs*
Kevin:
It's my pleasure.
Robbie:
You're very welcome. Thanks for working with Kaye to put the anthology together, and inviting me to be a part of it.
Thank you for your contributions to the anthology and for hosting for this tour, Tori. This has definitely been a collaborative project, which is nice.
Kevin your post says a lot in a few short words. Well done, and thanks for being a contributor for both the anthology and the tour. :)
Kaye:
You're very welcome. Thanks for inviting me to be a part of the tour, allowing me to be a part of the anthology, and for your part in organizing both.
Kaye: Many thanks for your kind words regarding my poem. And thank you also for inviting me to contribute poems to the anthology. Kevin
Thank you Tori, for featuring Kevin, and his great anthology. He is great in funny Limericks too. ;-) Have a beautiful weekend! Michael
Michael:
I agree regarding Kevin's work. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Post a Comment