Tuesday, April 01, 2014

2014 A-Z title reading challenge

The same group I did the A-Z character reading challenge on over on Goodreads also has one for book titles.

The challenge goal is to read books with titles for each of the letters of the alphabet. Books starting with "the" or "a" can either be used for the letters t or a, or the words "the" and "a" can be ignored so that the next word in the title can be used. For example, to use a couple of my own books, "A Magical Storm" can be used for either the letter a or the letter m, and "The Pineapple Loving Dragon" can be used for either the letter t or the letter p.

Like with the character one, the challenge only needs to be completed by December 31st 2014, but I finished it not long ago.

Like I said with the quarterly reading challenge I posted yesterday, you may recognize some of the titles from other reading challenges. A couple are ones that weren't used for other challenges though.

So, here's my list:

A - A Friend Like Annabel by Alan Davidson (read January 15th 2014).
B - Blood Reaction by D.L. Atha (read January 1st 2014).
C - The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3) by Zoe Winters (read January 2nd 2014).
D - Dolphins Of Expedor by Paul Anthony Barker (read February 18th 2014).
E - Even More Like Annabel by Alan Davidson (read January 16th 2014).
F - The Folklore Of Discworld by Terry Pratchett & Jacqueline Simpson (read January 19th 2014).
G - Girl Perfect by Jo Jenkins (read January 27th 2014).
H - Harriet's Hare by Dick King-Smith (read March 9th 2014).
I - Innocent Hearts by Jess Mountifield (read February 12th 2014).
J - Jayden & The Mysterious Mountain (The Sanctum Series, #1) by Katrina Cope (read January 12th 2014).
K - King Of The Cloud Forests by Michael Morpurgo (read February 11th 2014).
L - Life Cycle (Preternaturals, #4) by Zoe Winters (read January 4th 2014).
M - Millicent Marie Is Not My Name by Karen Pokras Toz (read January 23rd 2014).
N - The New, Thinking Annabel by Alan Davidson (read January 16th 2014).
O - The Ogre Of Ogrefort by Eva Ibbotson (read February 14th 2014).
P - Prince Caspian (The Chronicles Of Narnia, #2 or #4; publication and chronalogical order respectively) by C.S. Lewis (read February 22nd 2014).
Q - Queen-A-Bella Finds A Best Friend by Lisl Fair (read January 14th 2014).
R - Raising Steam (Discworld, #40) by Terry Pratchett (read February 15th 2014).
S - Schoolgirl Apocalypse by John Cairns (read January 21st 2014).
T - The Trouble Upstream by A.L. Means (read January 13th 2014).
U - Under The Lilacs by Louisa May Alcott (read February 20th 2014).
V - Vicky Angel by Jacqueline Wilson (read February 16th 2014).
W - The Wishing Tree by Peter Nuttall (read January 22nd 2014).
X - Xandra by Ann Snizek (read April 1st 2014).
Y - Year Of The Dead (Sustainable Earth, #1) by Jack J. Lee (read March 25th 2014).
Z - Zealandia by Maia Jacomus (read April 1st 2014).

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

It must make you feel so cool- having your own books in the list!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Any book that's published is in the list of possible options to read for this challenge. I just used my own as examples to show how the challenge works. It does feel pretty good to know that I have books that could potentially be counted for challenges like this though, and to know that one day someone could pick one of my books for a challenge that will possibly have them in a list among best seling authors.

Rita said...

That's a lot of reading once again--wow! I bet you enjoy these challenges. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, I enjoy doing the challenges. Since I read so much finding books to fit challenges is fun for me; much more challenging than the ones where you just have to read a certain number of books by a certain date, and because of that more fun to me. I do enjoy seeing how much I can beat the numbers by, but I enjoy the challenges where books have to be themed or have spacific words or letters in the titles more because they're more of a challenge for me, and I like a good challenge!