Thursday, April 24, 2014

Author tag chain

This is an author blog tag chain about our writing, and I was tagged in this event by Alexandra Butcher.

"Alexandra Butcher is the British author of the Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles series and several short stories in the fantasy and fantasy romance genre. She is an avid reader and creator of worlds, a poet and a dreamer. When she is grounded in the real world she likes science, natural history, history and monkeys."

Blog: http://libraryoferana.wordpress.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/libraryoferana
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DarkFantasyBeyondTheStorm

***

Now it's my turn to answer the questions...

1. What am I working on?

"I'm currently working on a story called 'Jinx And The Faerie Dragons' (which should be finished and published in the next couple of months). It's about a pixie and his faerie dragon friends who are always getting in to mischief, but one day get in to more mischief than usual, finding themselves in a cave full of goblins and a whole lot of trouble. I'm also working on a story called 'Cubby And The Beanstalk' (though this one is only in very rough draft right now). It's an alternative version of 'Jack And The Beanstalk' with bears. Oh, and I just finished a story called 'Quest For The Purple Pumpkin' a couple of weeks ago; it's a story about a little girl who ends up in a world full of elves where just being human is punishable by death. That last one has been submitted for inclusion in a collection of fantasy and science fiction stories a group of Smashwords authors are putting together via a Goodreads group. I also have several other ideas in various stages of development, including a story about a vegetarian zombie, and a story about a forgotten angel."

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

"I try to stay away from stereotypes. Also, I have my experiences of losing my sight to draw upon for characters like Toby in my 'Toby's Tales' series. Plus, being blind means I see the world slightly differently from a lot of other authors."

3. Why do I write what I do?

"I write for children because I enjoy doing so, and because I've been told I do a better job of writing for children rather than adults. But as for the actual topics and plots... I write what I write for one reason only: those are the ideas in my head, so I go with what I'm inspired to write."

4. How does my writing process work?

"It's pretty simple: I get an idea, then I sit down and start writing. Once I'm done, I go through it again and tidy it up a bit; fixing what doesn't work, adding a little more description here and there, etc. I do this several more times until I'm happy with it, then start the editing process to look for typing and grammatical errors I missed."

***

I tag... Geoff Wakeling

"Geoff Wakeling lives in London and escapes the smog of the city through his writing. The Inside Evil series, even though being dark and mysterious, was a way to escape the drudgery of every day life and indulge in something a little more fantastical. Meanwhile, CRYO offers the chance to dream of a future life. With a degree in Zoology, Wakeling is animal mad and has three cats, fish and five chickens in his London home. He is a keen gardener and conservationist. He is also still awaiting the arrival of his Hogwart's Owl!"

Amazon author Profile: http://www.amazon.com/Geoffrey-Wakeling/e/B007JNTZLG/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
Website: http://www.geoffreywakeling.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook/GeoffWakeling
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GWakelingWriter

I also tag... Michelle Cornwell-Jordan

"Michelle Cornwell-Jordan is a New Adult/Young Adult-Paranormal Author. Her titles include a YA Novella series... School Nightz :Night School Vampire Hunter Trilogy compilation and novel Chrysalis. She is also the producer of the online radio segment IndieReview Behind The Scenes, where she and her co-host Jamie B Musings interviews Indie Authors and Musicians. Michelle has been married for 18 years and has a 15 year old daughter. A book lover, her favorite genre has always been paranormal adventures. Another love is writing. Michelle has been writing about as long as she has been a bibliophile! Losing herself in a fantasy world that she is creating on paper is how she loves spending her spare time."

Hunter Alliance on Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunter-Alliance/288004677978367
Blog: http://indiewritersreview.wordpress.com

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Just a note here: Tori, you write for Adults too. The themes you wrote about in Toby's Tales are relevant and important that adults understand them too.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Fair point. I aim them at children though, it's just that some of the themes of my stories are relevant for adults as well as children.

Michelle Cornwell-Jordan said...

Awesome post! And thanks for the tag:O)

Victoria Zigler said...

Michelle:
Thanks, and you're welcome! :)