Monday, October 28, 2013

Carl's visit and Tamara's birthday (FD)

Carl was here for the weekend. We carved pumpkins, made pasta with pumpkin sage sauce and cheese, made pumpkin pie and pumpkin juice, made cheese and potato pie with sprouts and peas, and ordered pizza. We also watched "The Craft" and "Practical Magic" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "The Hunger Games" together. Oh, and we played Lego, I beat him four times at Scrabble, we won a game each of Battleships, he beat me twice at Snakes And Ladders, and I beat him once at Ludo. He was meant to go home yesterday (Monday) but we had a really nasty storm Sunday night/Monday morning and trains weren't running for most of Monday. Some still aren't now, but he was able to get home today at least.

While he was here we were going to do Halloween photos of the furkids, but only Kero would co-operate. The degus wouldn't stay still long enough, and it turns out Cara is afraid of pumpkins. I know I shouldn't laugh, but having her leap back in to my arms and cling to me shaking with fear just because I tried to put her beside a pumpkin is a bit funny... Well, actually, it's VERY funny, LOL!

***

It's our niece Tamara's 20th birthday today. Hard to believe that she's already out of her teens, but it's true! I hope she's having an amazing birthday!

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Smiles. I'm glad you had a nice visit from Carl! The pets really didn't like the pumpkin! how odd... yours must have been scarey ones!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, that must have been it... Guess we did a good job with them then, LOL!