Monday, October 21, 2013

Kero is sick and I'm worried (kinda R/WP)

Kero is sick.

He's been off his food for almost a week and shaking violently since Thursday.

We took him to the emergency vet early hours of Friday morning after he came to me, whimpered, then just lay down beside me panting heavily. His temperature was 40C (112F)) and his heart rate couldn't be measured because he was shaking so. We took him back that same afternoon and his temperature had dropped to 38.7C (109.4F) but there was no other change.

Also, his back legs seem weak and we have to help him on and off furniture and up the steps to the street. Plus he seems to get confused sometimes.

He's on antibiotics and has to go back tomorrow if he's no better.

I'm really worried about him and so scared we're going to lose him. I'll do what's best for him, but if what's best is to let him go then I know it's going to hurt like heck! Just the thought of maybe having to let him go makes me ache so much it's all I can do not to crumple up in a heap and cry.

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I'm sure this bad illness Kero had really frightened you .

Hugs -

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah... Thought we were going to lose him!