Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 2014's reading challenge

You're probably not surprised to hear this, but one of the groups I'm a member of on Goodreads had a reading challenge for this month.

The goal this time was to read books for certain September holidays. There are a couple I didn't get to, and September is just about over, so I know I won't get any more of the challenge done in time, and because of that, I might as well post this now. Anyway, here's what I managed to get read:

*'S' is for September: Read a book that starts with 'S' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'S'.

I read "Songbird" by Angela Fristoe, on September 13th 2014.

*International - Chocolate Day (Sept 13): Read a book about something you love to do or something you are secretly addicted to? (can be anything)

I read "Books Of The Immortals - Earth" (Books Of The Immortals, #5) by Barbara G.Tarn, on September 4th 2014.

*International Literacy Day (Sept. 8): Read a book, any book!

I read "On The Way To Everywhere" by Kirsten B. Feldman, on September 5th 2014.

*Swap Ideas Day (Sept. 10): Borrow an idea from a fellow group member, read a book you found on another member's shelf. Or read a book to participate in a group/buddy read and swap your ideas about that book.

I read "In A Handful Of Dust" (Not A Drop To Drink, #2) by Mindy McGinnis, on September 25th 2014.

*Positive Thinking Day (Sept. 13): Read a happy or funny book.

I read "The Imaginary Invasion" by Ubiquitous Bubba, on September 27th 2014.

*Ask a Stupid Question Day (Sept. 28): Ever see a book and wonder why you've never read it? Find out - read it!

I read "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson, on September 17th 2014.

*Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing!

I read "E" (E, #1) by Kate Wrath, on September 7th 2014.

4 comments:

Rita said...

I am always mystified by all the official "days" there are. I think October 1st is National Fountain Pen Day! You did good to find books for all these wild special days--LOL! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, there are some pretty strange holidays, and it seems like there's one almost every day if you look around enough.

National fountain pen day? Well, that's a good one for you, that's for sure!

Intense Guy said...

I was just thinking the same thing!! I bet if we tried we could find a holiday for everyday in September (and you would have been very busy reading all those books!!)

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yeah, probably. I know there were a few more holidays I didn't get to that were on the list, and I dare say there were some the person in charge of coming up with the challenges doesn't know about, or decided not to include.