Friday, October 20, 2017

#Furkid Friday: A Reminder To Keep All Your Family Warm This Winter!

Hi everyone. This is Maizie the chinchilla.

The colder weather has started showing up. For me and my chinchilla sister, Mollie, this is a good thing. We don't deal with the heat too well, and we don't care that it's raining outside, because we're dry indoors in our cage. The Mummy human seems to like colder weather better too. Good for her, I say!

But for some animals - and some humans too, from what I hear - cold weather is a bad thing. My degu brother, Joshua, for example, needs warmer temperatures than we chinchillas do, so the human caretakers have a special heater they keep near his cage so they can put it on for him if it gets too cold. Some animals have even more trouble dealing with the cold than Joshua does though, which is something you want to think about.

Anyway, since I didn't have much to say, I just wanted to remind you to think about your furry friends as the weather gets colder. Make sure all your family is warm and cozy this Winter, regardless of species.

Squeak soon,
Maizie

6 comments:

Rita said...

I'm with you and your mom---cooler weather--hurray!! But there are always some who need more heat when it gets cold, for sure. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, there are.

Squeak soon,
Maizie

Danielle L Zecher said...

Thanks for the reminder Maizie. We have coats and sweaters for the dogs for when they have to go out during the cold weather.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
You're welcome! The little white Lilie dog has a coat. It's a fleece lined one with a waterproof outer layer, so it keeps her warm and dry at the same time.

Squeak soon,
Maizie

Intense Guy said...

Winter also brings Sandy Paws... gotta start planning for how you are going to catch him in the act this time!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yeah, I heard the Mummy human talking about how it was close to time for that Santa Paws guy to come visit again. I've been trying to talk to the little white Lilie dog about helping to watch for him, but I'm not sure how much help she'll be, because she's easily distracted and hasn't a clue what we're talking about. We were hoping she'd be helpful, but I guess we'll have to find another plan.

Squeak soon,
Maizie