Thursday, October 25, 2007

Getting you up to date on things

As you may have guessed from the title of my last post, I am in Norwich at the moment. Norwich is where Carl and Rachel live, and where we (Mam and I) will be until some time tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, after which we will begin the LONG journey back to South Wales. We've been in Norwich since late Monday night, after an exhausting journey that started a little after 2:00 pm, and didn't end until around 10:30 pm.

Anyway, my speach programme was here waiting for me when I got here, and as you probably saw, Carl showed me how to use some of it on Tuesday evening. Carl has been using the programme (called Jaws, by the way) for a few years, so knows his way around it well by now, lol! I think I'm getting the hang of it. This is the first post I've been able to do solo for a good month, and man does it feel good to be able to do blogs again. Who'd have thought I'd miss my blog so much? But then, it combines two things I'm known for enjoying (writing and making my opinions known) so what's not to miss? LOL! I've missed knowing how my friends are doing too. I think when I've done this blog post I might go check out some other people's blogs.

I've watched a few movies, and read a few books, which I'll post my thoughts on some time after I get home (along with the Harry Potter book review, of course) so for now I'll just get you up to date on other stuff.

We FINALLY managed to get my talking phone sorted. It only took about four day sshort of a calender month, that's all, LOL! Ah well, it's sorted now. It turned out not to be the same make as Carl's phone, it seems to be a newer model, not that we mind that. I don't know at this moment in time if I did get the line rental for the first month for free or not. I left the money in the bank for it "just in case" but haven't had the time to check if it got taken out or not. Not bothered either way at the moment, because all I care about is being able to have the phonetalkingg to me so I can text and call friends again.

I have discovered that Kero is a bit scared of my white cane. I've always hated the thing and avoided using it when possible (which was most of the time when staying around home) so he's not really had to deal with it. Unfortunately I have no choice but to use it now, so until we can get him to stop trying to run away from it I can't take him for walks by myself. Kelly and Mam have been doing his walks with him for me, but he's my dog, so for one thing I feel guilty making other people walk him for me (my dog, my job, that's my opinion) and, for another thing, he wont stay out with them for long I think he is convinced that if he stays out with them too long I will sneak away or something. We're working on getting him used to the cane though, because apart from anything else, I am missing my walks with him. Even if we can just get him so I can take him once a week or something. Then I'll feel a bit more useful. LOL! It's not like I don't know my way around where we live, because I grew up in the area where I'm living now, so that's not a problem. I can't take him for all his walks though, because I can't risk letting him off the lead when it's just us, because of keeping an eye on where he is. But, I'm hoping we can at least go for a little walk together on a Saturday afternoon (when it's often just Kero and I att home).

OK, moving on.

Mam, Rachel and I went in to thre city for most of the day on Tuesday when Carl was at work. We went to the bear factory and made some teddies. I have two, because one I paid for myself and the other was an early birthday present from Mam and Dad. The one I paid for myself is a Westie who I named Kera, and she has a puppy that can be held in her mouth with a magnet. I named the puppy Rosie. The one Mam and Dad got for me is a bear, and I named her Teylah. Kera and Teylah have birth certificates, which I think is really cute, but Rosie is considered an 'accessory' so isn't entitled to a certificate. Mam says she'll take a photo of them when we get home (not straight away, obviously) so I can put it on my blog to show you all. Maybe she'll post a photo of her leopard (Simba) too?

We got a few other bits too. For example, I got some rawhide treats for Ker oand some new PJs. My PJs have dogs on them. One pair has Westie dogs on (three of them lined up across the chest) and the other pair has a big picture of a sort of mixed breed thing. I was going to get a fluffy robe with Scotty dogs on it too, but they didn't have it in my size. Shame, because it would have been longer and warmer than either of the robes I have at home. Ah well, never mind.

Yesterday, Mam, Rachel and I went out for dinner to an all you can eat Chinese resteraunt. Carl had friends coming over, plus he doesn't like chinese food, so he didn't come. I think I ate a bit too much though, because I had a bit of a stomache ache last night, and other than some carrot cake (donated by Carl's mate, Johnny) I didn't eat anything from when we had dinner (around 2:00 pm) until when I got up today (around 10:30 am). LOL!

For those who don't know, in about two weeks time it will be "Guy Fawlks" night here, which means fireworks. Carl, Rachel, Mam and I love fireworks, so we got some and had a little display in the garden Tuesday night. Then Ollie (Carl's other mate) brought some with him yesterday so we had some more. And, Rachel's parents (Hazel and Bernard) are coming to dinner tonight, so we're going to have more. YAY!

Right now Carl, Johnny and Ollie are having a Warhammer battle, and Mam and Rachel are clothes shopping, which leaves me free to amuse myself. I could have gone with Mam and Rachel, but I had my fill of shopping on Tuesday thank you, lol! So, I decided to take the time to do this nice, long blog for you all. And now I think I will see about at least reading a post or so on a blog or two. Not sure how many of the blogs I usually visit I'll get through, because I only have a couple of hours, but I can see what I can get done in the time I have. Then I can get caught up properly when I'm at home.

I think I've done enough of a blog for today, LOL! All being well I should be able to start blogging properly from Saturday night. Fingers crossed, eh?

Tori

6 comments:

Kati said...

Yeah!!!! Good to see ya Tori!!!! It sounds like you're having a lovely visit. Can't wait to see more of you around here again!!! Also looking forward to hearing what you thought of HP & the Deathly Hallows. ((((HUGS)))) and Blessings!

LadyStyx said...

YAY!! She's back!! *HUGS*

AliceKay said...

Yep, she's back. :) Nice long post from a nice young woman. You're an inspiration, Tori. *hugs*

Deb said...

I'm so happy to check and find a posting from you. OMG I have missed you. Hugs and looking forward to more post in the future.

theteacher said...

It's nice to have you back on the blogs. And it's been great having you with us for a week!

Tori_Z said...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

*hugs*