Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Just a short post for you

My Mam is away so unable to update you on things, so I had Kelly get me all signed in to my blog and such so I could do it myself.

I should hopefully have my speach program by the end of this month. I hope Carl and Rachel don't mind me saying, but I have them to thank for it. It would have been at least the start of next year before I could have afforded it otherwise. It turned out to be more expensive than we had expected it to be, so there was no way I could have afforded it this side of Christmas without help. We thought it would cost only a couple of hundred pounds, but it actually costs about £630. Carl and Rachel have money they had put away ready for their wedding next year, and have agreed to let me borrow it to get the program I need. I have to pay them back as quickly as possible, because the money isn't exactly spare money, but it's money I don't have that they do. I'm very greatful to them for the help, and hope to get them paid up very quickly. I promised them I'd have them paid by the end of March at the latest, but if I can do it sooner then I will.

We (Mam and I) are going to visit Carl and Rachel in about a week, so all being well the program will be waiting there for me when I get there. It's ordered, but we've had postal strikes lately so it depends on the amount they can get delivered between strikes to how long it will take to arrive. I hope it arrives before I leave though, or I'll have to wait for Carl to send it to me afterwards. If you're wondering why we didn't have it sent just to me, it's because Carl wants to show me how to do the basics on it before I get it on my computer, and we didn't want me fiddling before someone's shown me how to at least do the basics. Plus, we thought it would probably be easier to have the billing address and delivery address being the same. It was my choice to have it sent there. Although, if I'd known they were going to start all these postal strikes I would have just had it come to me and put up with having it sitting there as if to say "Nah, nah, I'm here but you aren't allowed to use me yet." LOL!

We're trying to get a talking phone sorted out, but there was some confusion as to what the problem was and so we spent almost three weeks just going back and thorth to the shop trying to get some answers. Turned out the phone wasn't compatable with the software. They're now supposed to be putting it on a different model of phone, which is, as it turns out, the model that Carl has which I'd asked for and was told they didn't have. Grrr! Anyway, it 'should' be ready to be picked up on Tuesday, but Mam and Dad can't get in to get it until Thursday. By way of an appology, they're supposed to be letting me have this month's line rental for nothing (I normally don't like contracts, but it's the only way to get a talking phone). Dad reckons I should try and get some kind of compensation for all the traveling and such, since the shop is all the way in Swansea, but I told him right now it'll be enough to just get the phone and have it talking to me. LOL!

I finally know how Harry Potter ends. I'll write up what I thought of it when I get home from Carl and Rachel's and have my speach thing on the computer. Kelly's put his opinion of the book up on his blog last night though, so you can go read that if you want.

I think I've covered everything that matters, so I'll get this published for you all to read. Will do another blog when I can. Maybe Mam will do one again soon too. Depends if she has the time, which she doesn't at the moment, becuase she's so busy trying to do everything for everyone and tiring herself out. Plus, like I said, she's away at the moment. She had the opportunity to go away for a long weekend with my Grandma, and we told her to take it. She wanted to anyway, but was worrying about everyone else. We told her not to worry about us and to just go and enjoy herself, so she went. I assume she is enjoying herself. I hope so.

Tori

4 comments:

Deb said...

It is so wonderful to hear from you!!!!! I check back often to see if there is any posting from or about you. I'm so excited that you are getting the equipment needed. I hope you get your talking phone issues resolved soon. HUGGS and HUGS.

Kati said...

Yeah Tori!!!!! *waving* I'm so happy to see you!!!! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you again when you get your special set-up. Do tell your mom how greatly we appreciate her keeping us updated as well, though.

Also hope you get your talking phone worked out & set up quickly so you have that available for your use.

Can hardly wait to find out what you think of the last Harry Potter.

(((((HUGS)))))) Hope you have a great rest of the week.

LadyStyx said...

*HUGS* so wonderful to see something from you again.

Robyn said...

Great to hear from you again!
Good luck with the speech programme - hope it all goes well for you
xxx Robyn