Saturday, November 23, 2013

NANoWriMo 2013 - week three update

Week three of NaNoWriMo is over.

I've finished writing the third story I planned to work on this month, which is called "Goodies For Grandmother" and is based on the "Little Red Riding Hood" story, but rather than a big bad wolf and a woodcutter my version has a brownie and a pair of fairies. I've even arranged a cover for it with Jacob. It just needs the final edit and for Jacob to have a chance to work on the cover.

I've also started working on "Filicity The Musical Platypus" and arranged a cover for it with Iggy. "Filicity The Musical Platypus" is a story about a platypus who discovers a love of music and wants to learn to play an instrument.

So, all being well I should have four stories just needing editing by the time NaNoWriMo is over!

I have no idea about word count. I mean, I could check the word count of each story and figure it out that way, but since I've done several drafts with each story that wouldn't be accurate, so I don't see the point in bothering to figure it out.

I'm pleased with my progress this month though. Especially since I've also found time to make a Christmas stocking for Cara, do a reasonable amount of work on Christmas cards, read a few novels, and do general day to day things like housework and playing with furkids.

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Ah... I hope the cover comes out nice! Nice of Jacob to help out.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
He did a great job from what I'm told. "Goodies For Grandmother" is pre-released now, so you can take a look at the cover and see for yourself.

I'm lucky to have a couple of great cover artists! :)