Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Of weight, pets and medical mutterings

I've lost a stone (14lbs) since I stopped the tablets at the end of July.

Not because I've been dieting or been doing serious exercise (though I have been doing a bit more and eating a little better than I was before). Mostly it's just stopping the tablets that's made the difference though. I mean, that's the biggest change.

I dare say chasing after Cara helps a bit though, LOL!

Cara is seriously hyper, and in to absolutely everything!

Luna loves Cara, and even the degu buddies tolerate her enough not to make a fuss if she takes a nap on top of their cage these days.

Kero's still happy to sleep with Cara, but he's seriously feeling his age these days and not really interested in playing with a kitten. He also still has those sores, which seem to be a bit tender. We didn't get to the vet with him like we'd planned to. We're going to give him a bath Saturday and see if cleaning them up properly will help first. It's worth a try, right?

Oh, and on the subject of Cara and weight... Cara has gotten a lot bigger, and she now weighs about 3lbs. I say "about" because it was hard to keep her still to weigh her so I can't be 100% sure.

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Goodness... 14 pounds is a lot of "cat chasing!" I hope you no longer need the tablets?

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Everything seems fine without them at the moment. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!