Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Random ramblings - May 7th 2014

I was sleeping at night, so I thought I'd try for a routine. But once again the moment I tried for one my sleeping pattern changed. Figures! Ah well, I'm getting the things I need to done, and I'm sleeping, so I guess that's all that matters. I probably wouldn't have stuck to the routine anyway; I'm really not good with them, and don't really know why I keep trying to sort one out when I know I won't stick to it anyway.

***

My Mam is visiting tomorrow. She's staying with my brother, Carl, and I have some stuff for both her and Carl, so she's going to come down for a couple of hours and then go back to Carl. She was going to stay with us for a couple of days, but since I have stuff for Carl and Carl has somewhere proper for her to sleep, where as we only have a sofa to offer, she decided to just spend a couple of hours with us then go back to Carl.

Mam got a puppy a couple of months ago; he's a Cairne Terrier. He'll be coming with her for a visit.

***

Kero had stopped scratching, but now he's started up again. He's not scratching much, but if he starts scratching a lot again then I guess we'll end up taking him back to the vet, which we don't want to have to do, but we also don't want him making a mess of himself scratching himself until he's bleeding.

***

I don't know what else to post, so I think I'll leave it at this. Besides, I should start thinking about attempting to persuade my body and mind that night time means sleep time so I can potentially get some sleep between now and when Mam gets here, otherwise I'm going to be wanting to go to sleep about when she arrives, which would be really annoying. Besides, I'm pretty sure going to bed when someone comes to visit for a few hours would count as being rather rude.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I hope you enjoy your Mam's visit (and the little pooch too!)

*sends some get well soonest wishes* to Kero as well as some ear rubs.

Victoria Zigler said...

iggy:
It was a nice little visit, though a bit hectic due to an excited little 4 month old puppy trying to investigate and play with everything possible in as short a time as possible. Brought back memories of when we first got Kero and nothing was safe, LOL!

Kero tried to play with him, but he soon got fed up and climbed up on the back of the sofa where the puppy couldn't reach him properly. The degus were curious about him, and Jacob actually tried to make friends with him through the cage bars, but the gerbils weren't interested and just got on with their usual nibbling and digging.

I hadn't really had any luck sleeping last night, so the furries and I all had naps when they left... Haven't been up long, actually!

Mam took some photos of me and the two dogs, which she's going to put on Facebook, so I'll try and grab copies for you to see.

Rita said...

I see in your reply to Iggy that it went well and you managed to stay awake for your mom's visit. :)
I remember all too well sleeping around the clock and needing to be awake for certain things. Not easy sometimes, so I'm glad it worked out. Sounds like the puppy was a bundle of energy! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Bundle of energy is an understatement, but he's 4 months old, so that's to be expected.

I can usually stay awake for things if I need to, though - as you said - it's not easy sometimes. There are times when I'm awake for things but spending the entire time thinking "hurry up, I want to go to bed," and other times when I'm fine even with the lack of sleep. Luckily, Thursday was one of those times when I was fine despite being tired enough to fall asleep right away then sleep a solid 7 hours when I went to bed after they left.