Friday, May 30, 2014

May 2014's reading challenge

One of the groups I'm a member of on Goodreads had a reading challenge similar to April's for this month. There were 12 holidays you could read books to celebrate, but I didn't do them all. Here are the ones I did, along with the books I read for them...

May 4 is considered by many Star Wars fans to be Star Wars day for "May the fourth be with you" sounding similar to "May the force be with you". Read a book that is in the Science Fiction genre.
Read: Only You Can Save Mankind (Johnny Maxwell, #1) by Terry Pratchett (read on May 11th 2014).

May 5 is Children's Day in Japan and Korea. Read a book that has children on the cover or that is in the child/middle grade genre.
Read: Fairy Rescue by Gwyneth Rees (read on May 1st 2014).

The last Monday of May is Memorial Day in the United States, first celebrated on May 5, 1866, in Waterloo, New York. Read a book that has fireworks on the cover or Read a book that the author is from the USA.
Read: Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm A Supervillain by Richard Roberts (read on May 4th 2014).

May's birthstone is the emerald which is emblematic of love and success. Read a book in the Romance genre.
Read: Breathe Me by Alexia Purdy (read on May 5th 2014).

National Smile Month in the United Kingdom. Read a book that will make you SMILE!
Read: Fairy Secrets by Gwyneth Rees (read on May 1st 2014).

4 comments:

Rita said...

As usual, you read more than anyone else I know. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, I know, LOL! And yet, I still manage to find time to do other things... Don't ask me how, because I haven't a clue, LOL!

Intense Guy said...

May the Fourth be with you! Ugh!!!

I'm only 16 days behind in my reading now!!!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Just 16? Is that all? LOL!