Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 2014 reading challenge - new authors

One of the groups I'm on over on Goodreads had a reading challenge for August to encourage you to try books by new authors (as in, authors that are new to you). A pretty good challenge, I think! So, I joined in... Here are the authors that made my new-to-me list this month, as well as the book(s) I read by said authors:

1. Laurel A. Rockefeller.
A New Start In The Niobrara For Mr. And Mrs. O'Malley ~ read on August 1st 2014.
Boudicca: Britain's Queen of the Iceni (The Legendary Women of World History, #1) ~ read on August 5th 2014.
Catherine de Valois (The Legendary Women of World History, #2) ~ read on August 5th 2014.

2. Kevin Andrew Murphy.
Penny Dreadful ~ read on August 4th 2014.
Pathfinder Tales: The Secret of the Rose and Glove ~ read on August 9th 2014.

3. Josephine Heltemes.
Will You Call My Name ~ read on August 24th 2014.
Santa in a Shopping Cart ~ read on August 24th 2014.
The Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Guide to Revenge ~ read on August 24th 2014.

4. Alessandra Nadudvari.
Nicky and the Lost Templar (Adventures Of Nicky, #1) ~ read on August 25th 2014.

5. Michael James Ploof.
Billy Coatbutton and the Wheel of Destiny (The Sock Gnome Chronicles, #1) ~ read on August 25th 2014.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Always fun to find new authors. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Absolutely! :)

I have several other new authors to try books by... Just got to get to reading them all!

Intense Guy said...

Santa in a Shopping Cart?

Now that sounds intriguing...

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yeah, I thought so too, which is why I grabbed a copy. It turned out to be a pretty good read too!