Saturday, November 08, 2014

Halloween photos 2014 (FD)

Yeah, I know Halloween was over a week ago, so I'm a bit late with these. But here are my Halloween decorations for this year anyway. Better late than never, right?



I've had these masks a couple of years, but this year I used some sticky tape and googly eyes to give these masks eyes, and then added tongues using some craft felt and more sticky tape. The kids who came trick-or-treating thought it was great.


While looking in my craft box for my googly eye collection, I found this large foam maple leaf. I thought it would be a nice addition to our Halloween decorations, so made a hole in the top to thread some string through to hang it up. Well, actually it's wool I used to hang it up, since I only remembered after cutting the wool that I do actually have some string in one of my craft boxes.


Kelly painted this bat for me a couple of years ago.


I bet this year's Mr. Pumpkin-Head felt very important to be put in charge of the "beware" sign by the gate, and greet the trick-or-treaters as they arrived. I'm sure he loved all the comments about him from children and adults alike.


Here's a close up of this year's Mr. Pumpkin-Head:


I didn't get a photo of it, but I made pasta with pumpkin sage sauce and cheese for dinner the day I carved Mr. Pumpkin-Head.

Anyway... That's all folks... Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Your decorations look wonderful! That pumpkin was spooky!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy! :)

AliceKay said...

Great decorations. The bat was really cool, and Mr. Pumpkin-Head looked pretty scary. Hope you had a great Halloween.

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
Thanks! :)

Yes, I did... Hope you did too?