Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Random ramblings - November 4th 2014

Today is Iggy's birthday, so... Happy birthday, Iggy!

***

We had an excellent storm early hours of this morning. We've had a few decent ones, but this one was quite impressive. Of course, what I'd really love is some of that snow that some parts of the US and Canada already seem to be getting. Don't get me wrong, I love a good thunder storm. I can't help being jealous of the people who have snow already though!

***

We had 11 kids show up for trick-or-treating this year: 2 zombies, 2 skeletal ghouls, 2 princesses, a werewolf, a goblin, a ghost, a witch, and a cat. Not too bad, but I'd have liked to have had a few more. They all loved the pumpkin I carved though, so that's pretty cool. Should have some photos of my pumpkin and our other few Halloween decorations, but they're still on the camera (along with all those other photos I mentioned; one day we'll get to them, honest).

***

It's time for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), butI'm not bothering with it at all this year. Last year I used NaNoWriMo to give myself a nudge to sit down and finnish the stack of half written stories I had, but I don't have that problem this year. In fact, I recently pre-released one called "Lonely Little Princess" that I hadn't planned to be done with until early next year, will be pre-releasing one called "The Forgotten Angel" very soon, and am just doing the final edits of "Yua And The Great Wizard Hunt" too. The three titles I just mentioned will be available in late November, December, and January respectively. I'm also quite a way through work on a story called "Isabelle's runaway Racehorse" and have started work on the book I'm doing for Bilbo and Baggins (our gerbils). Oh, and I have a poetry collection just about sorted ready to be published early next year too. So, yeah, I don't really need the nudge from NaNoWriMo this year; I have plenty on the go, but am doing just fine with actually sitting down and working on them. I even have covers for all the books I just mentioned, except the gerbil story; all but the one for "The Forgotten Angel" done by Iggy, actually. And I was just talking to Jacob this morning about covers for a series of books with faerie dragons in them, which I have some scribbles for already, and will be working on properly soon.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes!

Your writing seems to be going well! I eagerly await the next titles!

Hugs - It is nearly 70F here today - and hopefully no snow is in the offing for months and months and months and months and months...

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
You're welcome about the birthday wishes! :)

Thanks for being so eager for my next book; it's nice to know someone out there is eager for me to share my writing! And thanks for the help with the covers you've done too! :)

LOL about the snow! Well, if you get any, feel free to send it my way!

AliceKay said...

We had around 85 kids for trick-or-treat this year. A few more than we had last year.

We had rain mixed with sleet and snow yesterday. Karen, Ethan, and I were out in it getting our weekly grocery shopping done, and it was cold and nasty outside. :(

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
Wish we had that many kids come trick-or-treating around here. But the number we had is about average over here. Strange really, since Halloween is from Celtic traditions, so comes from over here. But, there you go.

Nasty weather is always nicer if you can avoid having to go out in it to run errands.