Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Remember



Today is a day set aside for remembering.

It's officially meant to be for remembering those brave men and women who gave their lives in the hope doing so would keep the rest of us safe.

I've got others to remember today too.

One is my beloved West Highland White Terrier, Keroberous, who left us to make his journey across the rainbow bridge three months ago today. Even though it's been three months, not a day goes by without me thinking of him, and without my heart aching over losing him. Kero was more than just a dog to me; he was my best friend.

The other is my landlord, who died at the very end of October. We didn't know him well, but he'd talk to us whenever he saw us, and was a very nice gentleman with a friendly attitude and a great love of animals. He turned 90 years old a couple of months ago, and had been unwell for a while, so it wasn't unexpected. But losing someone is never pleasant, no matter whether it was unexpected or not, and no matter how well you knew them.

I also know others who have lost someone recently; whether it be someone close to them, or someone they hardly knew. Every loss is a difficult loss. So, while I will remember those brave men and women who lost their lives fighting for us, I will also remember the other losses; recent or otherwise. Because everyone deserves to be remembered!

May those we have lost rest in peace; secure in the knowledge that their memory will live on, even though they're gone. And may those who are left behind find the strength to keep going; even when doing so feels like an almost impossible task!

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hugs.

I spent a few moments in silence remembering Kero.

Hugs you tight.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks... Hugs you back!