Friday, December 12, 2014

Random ramblings - December 12th 2014

Mostly my birthday greetings this year were just done via Facebook or phonecalls. I did get a couple of actual cards though... Here they are:


(I'm posting them pretty much a month late, but never mind).

They're from Rita, my Nan, my Dad and his girlfriend, and my Grandma. I'm pretty sure Karma the cat and Jayde the Yorkshire Terrier were included on Rita's and Grandma's cards too.

***

I did a quiz that was going around on Facebook recently for what fantasy world you belong in, and it said I belong in Narnia.

I REALLY want to go there, so that's awesome!

***

Despite the extra books I read during October when I was reading the short books I have as PDFs on my computer while waiting to get a new Kindle, I'm a few books behind on my Goodreads reading goal for the year.

This is partly due to not reading much during the first half of November (partially because of trying to get to grips with how the new kindle works, but not entirely) and also because I picked some longer books to read since I was ahead of my goal, and the extra time needed to read them has made me fall behind a bit.

I should be able to still make my goal, but it's going to be very close.

***

The weather's been pretty cold lately. It was 1 degree C (34F) this morning, for example.

We've had some awesome storms too.


No snow though!

It seems like almost everyone else is getting snow, but not me.

I want snow!

***

My tooth is killing me!

I just woke up this morning - well, at about 1:30am - with a toothache that got worse as proper morning approached. But the dentist can't see me until Wednesday morning.

A combination of chamomile tea and painkillers is taking the edge off the pain. But it still hurts a lot!

On that note... I think it's time for more pain relief treatment...

7 comments:

Rita said...

Glad you liked your cards you got. I hope you can figure out your new kindle and that you get that tooth taken care of. :)

Fairytale said...

gLAD YOU WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE CARDS YOU GOT, XX

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I'm getting the hang of the kindle; it's more difficult for me to get to grips with the touch screen than it was with the old kindle, but I'm getting there.

Like I said, I'm seeing the dentist Wednesday, so hopefully the dentist can sort out the tooth quickly.

Grandma:
Thanks; thanks again for the card and cheque from you.

Intense Guy said...

Hmmm... I shoulda got a card sent - frowns.

I hope your toothache is taken care of really soon.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Don't worry about not having sent a card; it's no big deal.

I hope the toothache is sorted soon too!

AliceKay said...

I'm with the others...I hope you get that toothache taken care of on Wednesday. Will be thinking of you. *hugs*

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
Thanks; just one more day...