Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - September 16th 2015

"Zeena And The Gryphon" (the second book in my "Zeena Dragon Fae" series) is finally going to be released!

In fact, it's already uploaded to Smashwords, and should already be available to pre-order from sites like Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and the Apple iBook store, with the official release date being this coming Saturday.

At least, that's when the eBook will officially become available... It's going to take a bit longer for the paperback, though I'm hoping to have the paperback version of "Zeena And The Gryphon" arranged in the near future - along with paperback versions of all my other previously published titles that aren't yet available in paperback.

In the meantime, I'm working on writing "Zeena And The Mermaid" (the third book in the "Zeena Dragon Fae" series).

I'm always working on something... I have a misbehaving mind, which always comes up with plenty of ideas. So, don't worry, there will be plenty more stories once I'm done writing this series. There will be more poems too, though I'm waiting to have enough to make another collection of them worthwhile before I publish those.

Despite how many ideas I have, I don't join up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) when it rolls around each November. I sometimes set myself a personal goal - or set of goals - for the month, but I don't officially participate. If, however, you plan to do so, you may want to read this post about the expectations vs reality of NaNoWriMo.

Whether you plan to participate in NaNoWriMo or not, if you've written a book - or, if you're working on writing one - here are some tips on looking for readers in all the right places.

Before you start sending out advanced review copies of your books though, you need to make sure you've done all you can to catch any editing issues. One of the ways you can do this is by using text-to-speach software. Personally, I use something called JAWS, because it's the one I use to be able to do things on the computer normally, and I don't see the point in looking for another to use when I have that. It's quite expensive though, so if you just need your text-to-speach software for editing, you probably don't want to pay the amount JAWS costs... I only pay it because I have to, otherwise my computer and internet accessibility will be even more restricted than it already is. But, for those of you who don't have that problem, here's a post about some cheap and free options for using text-to-speach as an editing aid for writers instead.

Bear in mind, that there are some grammar rules that are acceptable to ignore, especially in certain types of writing. Which grammar rules do you ignore? Because, if you're going to ignore the rules, you should at least know you're doing so.

Above all, always remember writer = reader... No exceptions!

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You are in full production mode!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yep! Although, not much happened during this past week, since we had family visiting for the weekend, and I spent yesterday mainly alternating between sleeping and figuring out how things on my iPhone work.