Friday, April 27, 2007

Talking Books

'Talking books', of course, could mean two things. It could mean that I am using an alternative name for audio books, or, that I am going to be talking about books. In this case it means that I am going to be talking about books.

On Monday night my Grandma mentioned some books by Doreen Tovey. They are about her cats. Her Siamese cats to be exact. So, knowing how much I love Siamese cats my Grandma thought they would be an appropriate set of books for me. I think she may be right. So, I ordered the first one late Monday night (OK, early hours of Tuesday morning) and it arrived this morning. I've had a little look through it and it looks really good. So, I have ordered the other three that were on Play (Grandma tells me there are others, but Play doesn't have others so I'll have to look elsewhere or wait for those). I should get those in a couple of days.

Of course, before I can read these I need to get through the other books in the ever-growing pile beside my bed. I'm doing a lot better with taking time to read lately though, so, I should 'hopefully' start to see the pile of books decreasing soon (yeah, right!) I'm already half way through "The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket". There are 13 books in the series and each book seems to have 13 chapters - probably due to the misfortune that is the theme of the series and the common misconception that the number 13 is unlucky - and I have just started reading chapter eight of "The Wide Window" which is book 3 in the series. I have books 4, 5 and 6 ready to read (thanks to Kelly and my Dad picking them up last week for me) but have yet to buy books 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. I shall have to do that before I finish book 6 so that I can continue the whole series without interupting the story by reading something else. Of course, this means that when "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows" comes out in July, I'm going to have to just add that to my pile of books to read once I have finished reading all 13 books in this series. But, that can't be helped. Of course, the Harry Potter book will have to be placed near the top of the pile (right after this series) since I've been waiting so long for it to come out.

I guess I better get reading if I'm going to get this book pile down!

Before I end this though, I'd just like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Denise for today (Friday 27th April) and also HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jackie for yesterday (Thursday 26th April). I doubt very much that Jackie will read my blog, but Elizabeth will probably see it so she can vouch for the fact that I DID say it. Not my fault if she doesn't see it. LOL!

Tori

3 comments:

Mól said...

Hey, I was randonly traveling to blogs and got here, so I read your post.

Yeah, books are nice, and Harry Potter specially. Good luck with your 13 series and your cats books =]

See you around.

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Mol

ChicagoLady said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Tori!