Friday, August 03, 2012

Kero's PAWty post 2012

Hi humans, this is Kero.

For those who - due to visiting via Parsley's blog for the PAWty - may not know, I'm an eight year old West Highland White Terrier. No, not a "Scotty Dog" a "Westie"... And, yes, there is a difference!

Anyway, Parsley invited us to show our paws, and to share a bit about ourselves, or maybe a funny story. So...

Here's my paw:

I've already told you a little bit about me, but that will do on that, because I want to tell you today about the story of how I got revenge for my neuter.

Where we lived at the time we went everywhere by bus, including the vet. I never knew until we got in to town whether we'd just be going on a nice outing or I was in for a vet trip. This particular day, of course, it was the vet trip.

If it wasn't bad enough that I had to go to the vet, my Mami left me there. Isn't that just cruel?

Anyway, the vets gave me something that made me go to sleep - even though I didn't want them to. And when I woke up I hurt so bad! I cried and cried, but it took ages for Mami to come and get me.

When she finally showed up she said she was sorry. I didn't buy it, so decided to teach her a lesson.

When they got me out of the cage I was in, I let my legs go out from under me like I couldn't stand up. Every time they tried to coax me to do so, I let it happen again. Eventually Mami just picked me up and carried me.

Now, the vet was down the bottom of the hill, and the bus stop was at he top. So she carried me all the way up the hill (with a backpack full of my food on her back, since she'd picked it up on the way to fetch me).

When we got there she decided to try me on my paws again. I wasn't having it and just continued to let myself fall in a heap on the floor.

She sighed and picked me back up.

On the bus she kept trying to lay me on the seat beside her. But every time she did I cried until she picked me back up again.

When we got off the bus she tried putting me down again. And again I just let myself fall to the floor.

She had to walk up another hill from the bus stop to the house we lived in at the time. By the time we got there she was puffing and panting; I could tell she was exhausted from carrying me and the backpack full of food up the two hills. But, once again, when she tried to put me down I wasn't willing to even stand.

She somehow got the door open and got us indoors with me still in her arms. She then gently laid me down on my living room bed before removing the backpack and collapsing on to the nearest chair.

At which point I jumped to my feet and began chasing the cat; tail wagging happily.

Ha! That'll teach her!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

P.S. Don't forget to go to Parsley's blog and join in the PAWty fun!

8 comments:

Mina said...

LOL!!! Oh Kero, you naughty little boy. That is too hilarious! What a fun post. Big warm furry kisses to you.

Magaly Guerrero said...

You have a lovely paw and an even lovelier sense of humor ;-)

Denise said...

Lovely paw, thanks for sharing.

Parsley said...

Oh my word! Brilliant trick Kero! Loved your PAWty post.

AliceKay said...

I bet she's forgiven you by now. *winks*

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thanks all!

AK:
Yes, she forgave me ages ago. Called me a nasty name at the time though!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Intense Guy said...

Klever thing you did Kero!

Did that stop the vet visits? Noooooooo.... but you tried!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Iggy:
No, it didn't stop the vet visits. Was worth a try though!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero