Sunday, November 27, 2016

Happy Birthday To Me And You - 2016 Edition (FD)

It was my birthday two weeks ago, as many of you already knew. So, first of all, I'd like to thank those of you who sent me gifts or cards, as well as those of you who sent me birthday messages via eMail or on Facebook to wish me a happy birthday. Your birthday wishes are very much appreciated, as are the cards and gifts I got from those who sent things, of course. Yeah, I know it's taken me a couple of weeks to get to this post... I had other things I wanted to post about first. Anyway, as I said, thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes in some shape or form.

Speaking of which, here are a couple of photos of my birthday cards:


Excuse them being on top of the freezer... It was the place with the best light on that day, apparently.

Mostly I got money for my birthday, which I spent on books and movies. But I also got some NCIS DVDs (seasons one to nine of the original NCIS) and a nifty chopping board that bends to form a sort of funnel shape so you can transfer things from it to bowls or pots more easily. The scarf I'm wearing in this photo was a birthday present too...



If I have any strange expressions on my face in the above photo, it's because it was taken while I was in the process of explaining to Kelly how taking a photo with my phone works, since it apparently takes clearer pictures than our camera, but he's not familiar with how to use iPhones. He says he caught me at a good moment, so I hope that's the case.

Apparently I'm so awesome that someone arranged for fireworks for my birthday too!

OK, not really. I mean, there were fireworks... Not many, and we didn't get photos, but there were. They didn't actually have anything to do with me though. Still, I enjoyed them, and I can pretend, right?

Anyway... I didn't do much for my birthday. Lorna came around for a cup of tea and a chat the day before, Kelly made me a "special birthday dinner" the day after, and I had cake on my actual birthday... It was a lemon cake. But that's about it. Still, it was a pretty good birthday, as birthdays go. Or, I think so.

But I'm not the only one with a birthday in November!

Some of our family friends and online friends have birthdays during November, along with a few family members and honorary family members. I already mentioned during the second half of last month that Iggy's birthday was at the start of the month, but there were others too. I'm not going to list everyone, but among those celebrating their birthdays this month are Kelly's sister, Sherry, who celebrated her birthday this past Tuesday (November 22nd) and my Mam's Goddaughter, Shireen, who will be celebrating her 18th birthday on November 30th.

That last one makes me feel even older than having my own birthday did, since I remember caring for Shireen as a tiny baby I could hold in just one arm. Now she's about to turn 18, and is actually taller than me. How did that happen? Where did the years go? How can that little baby I remember rocking to sleep be all grown up? It seems like only yesterday her sweet little gummy smiles were making me smile, and her little hands were reaching out to try and grab at the toys atatched to the bar of her bouncer chair. Yet here she is, about to turn 18. I know that logically the years didn't zoom past in the time it took to blink. But, at times like this, it sure feels like that's what happened.

Anyway...

If you're a November baby too... Happy birthday to you!

10 comments:

Jeanie said...

Happy belated birthday -- and the photo is a good one! Nice of you and also very sharp and clear. Sounds like a lovely time! I love a celebration any time and I appreciate them all the more the older I get! I say extend the celebration for as long as possible!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks! Glad to hear that about the photo.

Rita said...

Yes, it's a good photo. Glad you had a nice birthday--with fireworks---LOL! Lemon cake sounds so delicious! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks, and it was as delicious as it sounds.

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday!!

And yes, Kelly got a good photo of you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks, and that's good!

Intense Guy said...

My gift should arrive today. Smiles.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks in advance. *smiles* It hasn't yet. There's still time for it to come today, but it might be tomorrow now...

Danielle L Zecher said...

Happy belated birthday! You can't go wrong with lemon cake, and awesome great choices for how to spend your birthday money.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Danielle!