Sunday, November 13, 2016

If I Ruled The World: #Cake Laws (FD)

Me: "You can't have a party without cake... It's against the law!"

Kelly: "No, it isn't."

Me: "Well, it should be!"

Sorry, but a party without cake just feels wrong to me. I've been sulking about not getting any of my Dad's girlfriend's birthday cake on and off ever since her party back in February.

So, I decided recently that if I was in charge of the world, I'd make it illegal to have a party without cake.

The punishment for breaking this law would be to have to buy some cake - preferably your favourite type - and watch while someone else ate it, without being invited to share so much as a crumb.

Of course, I'd get first refusal on being the one to punish you by eating said cake, with a team of "cake enforcers" on hand to step in if I'm too full from punishing the last person, or if I don't like that kind of cake.

I bet people would remember to serve cake at their party after such harsh punishment. What do you think?

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Yes, there ought to be a law!! For pie too!

Danielle L Zecher said...

I'll sign up to help you enforce the cake law!

Why would anyone even attempt a party without cake?!?!????

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes... For pie too!

Danielle:
Excellent... Welcome aboard! I have no idea why someone would do such a thing, but I went to a party earlier this year where there was no cake, and it's been bugging me ever since.

Jeanie said...

For the most part I'm not a big cake person but certain occasions absolutely call for it!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
You don't have to have cake all the time... Just for parties. Although, as Iggy pointed out, sweet pies are options too. I think I could allow the substitution of a sweet pie in place of a cake to be an acceptable loophole in the law... As long as it's not a birthday party, since there has to be actual cake at a birthday party.