Wednesday, January 07, 2015

2014 holiday photos, part 2: cards and gifts (FD)

We got lots of Christmas cards:
A huge "thank you" to everyone who sent cards! :)

And, look what Santa left us:
Kelly's stocking was full of chocolate, mine had some chocolate and some natural licorice in it, and the rodent stocking contained some wooden sticks for them all to get their teeth in to (rodents need to be able to gnaw on something, and these packs of sticks are an ideal option that's safe but fun for them all).

Around the same time as the Christmas card from her and Karma arrived, I got this card from Rita so I could see what she'd been doing with the gluing together of paper towels that had been used previously with paint, which she'd mentioned loads of times on her blog:
I'm not sure if you'd consider it to technically be a Christmas present, but I'm including it in this post anyway. Besides, it was very thoughtful of Rita to send me it... Thanks, Rita! :)

And my brother, Carl, sent me a camel:
His name is "Camella" (pronounced "cam-ay-lah") because Carl and I decided as children that was a good name for a camel, so every camel since then has been called Camella.

I also had some money, and an audio copy of "The Lady of the Rivers" by Philippa Gregory. I don't have the others in the "Cousins' War" series, but the book - though listed as being the 3rd in the series - is the first chronologically, so the fact I don't have the others yet isn't a big deal; I can still go ahead and read this one without missing anything important.

My ratty girls, Skye and Star, were technically Christmas presents too, even though I'd had them over a month by the time Christmas arrived.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Such a cute Camel!! You got a ton of cards!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yeah, we really did get a lot of Christmas cards this year!

Rita said...

That was a lot of cards! Glad you liked the paper towel card. I say early rats are still Christmas presents--LOL! :):)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks; they say they are too, though I think they're glad I had them early so they could have Christmas presents of their own, LOL!

AliceKay said...

You have a lot of friends, Tori. :) It's because you are a wonderful, thoughtful person. *hugs*

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
*Blushes* Thanks! I always try to be... There are plenty more generous and thoughtful than I am though.