Friday, January 30, 2015

Furkid Friday - January 30th 2015

Hello all you humans, as well as all my furry and feathered friends who have managed to grab themselves some internet time.

This is Jacob the degu.

My ratty sister, Star, wanted to be first to do one of these Furkid Friday posts, because she wants to tell you about the new cage she and Skye got a couple of weeks ago. But after I squealed and squealed, the Mummy human agreed to let me go first instead.

You see, I thought it was only right that I went first, because Kero was my bestest buddy, and I'm sure he'd want his bestest buddy to be the first member of the rodent gang to take over the slot he did on this bloggy thing. He'd have told you himself that we were bestest buddies if he hadn't stopped doing these posts before I met him. I'd get him to tell you himself now, but I don't know where he is. The humans say he had to go away, and they tell me I'll see him again when it's my time to cross the rainbow bridge. But that doesn't mean much to me. All I know is my bestest buddy who I used to talk to through the cage bars, and sometimes even climb on when I was out of the cage, is gone, and no matter how much I look, or how many times I squeak, he doesn't come back; which is weird, because he always came running to the cage if I squeaked for him. I really miss my bestest buddy!

My degu and gerbil brothers try to make me feel better. My siblings play with me and groom me, and the gerbils - especially Bilbo - come to the cage bars to talk to me. But it's not the same. Still, I appreciate their efforts.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi" and start these posts off by introducing us all for anyone who doesn't know who we are.

Like I said at the start of this post, my name is Jacob, and I'm a degu. I'm one of a group of four; all of us male. My brothers are Jasper, Jenks and Joshua. We're almost two years old.

Living in a cage beside ours are two gerbil brothers. Their names are Bilbo and Baggins, and they recently celebrated their first birthday.

The other side of the gerbil cage is a cage containing the only females in our rodent gang. They're a pair of rat sisters named Skye and Star, and they're about five months old.

So, that's us, and that's it from me for now.

The humans say we're supposed to take turns doing these posts, so I'll squeak to you when it's my turn again.

Squeak soon,
Jacob

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hi Jacob! Pleased to make your acquaintance! Any buddy of Kero's is a buddy of mine!

I hope things are going well for you in jolly ol' England!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy!

Squeak again soon,
Jacob

AliceKay said...

It sounds like you have a full house there. LOL

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
Indeed! And they've all got their little personalities.

Rita said...

Totally agree with Iggy!! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thank you, Rita!

Squeak soon,
Jacob