Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year - looking back at 2014, and ahead to 2015

Happy new year to my family, friends, and fans!

A huge thank you to all of you for just being a part of my life and showing an interest in my writing, but an especially enormous thank you to those who helped with publicity in some way; either by spreading the word about my books, or by reading my books and leaving reviews. Being a self-published author, even the smallest bit of help from you has the potential to make a huge difference for me and my books, which is why I'm especially greatful to those who have taken the time to spread the word and write reviews.

Anyway, happy new year to you all, and thank you again for supporting me and my writing, and just for being you!

***

My 2014 reading goal on Goodreads was originally set to 300, but I dropped it to 290 a few weeks back when I saw how behind I was with my goal. As it turned out, I ended up reading 291 books in 2014.

Many of them were mentioned throughout the year in reading challenges and things, but if you're interested in seeing a complete list then you can do so by going to https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/9194956-victoria-zigler?read_at=2014&view=covers

Bear in mind that I never include re-reads, and I did also have a few re-reads during the year. So, I did actually read a lot more than 300 books, it's just that only the 291 counted.

Yeah, I know, I read a lot!

Anyway, for 2015 I'm setting a lower goal, because I have some writing projects I want to devote some extra time to, plus a few things going on right now that need my attention (more on that at a later date). So, I've set my 2015 Goodreads reading goal to 175 books.

What? That is low for me, LOL!

***

I have two books already pre-released for the start of 2015. One will be officially released on January 20th, and the other will be officially released on February 17th. The first is a fantasy chapter book with a bit of a mystery element to it, the second is a short poetry collection.

I also have a few other writing projects in the works, which I'll tell you more about later. All I'll say for now is that two are animal themed stories, and four others are a four part fantasy series with a faerie dragon and a pixie as the main characters.

***

Like most people, the new year has me looking back at the past year, and looking ahead to the coming year.

The year had its good points: I made some new friends and got some new fans, for example. But it had its bad points too: we lost our beloved West Highland White Terrier, Kero, who I still miss so much it hurts. There was a lot more to it; those are just one positive and one negative from the year.

So, I'm not sure how to sum up the past year, except to say that it was OK: not great, not awful, just OK.

I wonder what kind of a year 2015 will turn out to be?

Well, I have an idea of some of what 2015 will hold for us at the start, which I will post more about another time. Beyond that though... We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

6 comments:

Rita said...

I hope it is a really good year!! I know it's been hard losing Kero. I'd feel lost without Miss Karma. May this be a year of healing and joy for you both. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Rita!

AliceKay said...

Happy New Year! Here's wishing all the best to you and Kelly in 2015.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, AK!

Intense Guy said...

Happy New Year!!! I hope 2015 sees more of your books being published and bought!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks... So do I!