Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday's random mutterings: the new blog schedule

I've now had my blog public again for a little over a year. In that time I continued with the random posting I was doing while it was private. But I've decided to put a bit of structure in to my posts; especially since I blog about such a variety of topics.

I don't plan to post every day, but will be doing three regular posting slots each week:

Monday's random mutterings
As the name suggests, this will be a random selection of topics, which will include craft updates, reading and movie watching news, and various random happenings from the past week; even if it doesn't have anything more exciting than comments about how I spent most of the week - meaning the parts not taken up with writing, pet interaction and care, and various necessary tasks like eating, sleeping, and the dreaded housework - reading and knitting, the fact I'm about 16 books in to my 175 book Goodreads reading goal for this year, or how I still haven't got my snow (despite having been promised it for a month now).

Wednesday's writing related ramblings
This will be a post about my current writing projects, as well as any interesting articles I've found about writing (if any). My books are usually released on a Tuesday (unless I'm releasing them on a different day because of a date being important) and the Wednesday post won't replace the release announcements I always put up, but will give the release another mention, if there was one that week, while telling you about what else I'm working on. Of course, I expect there will be weeks where I don't tell you anything more than the fact I wrote a couple of chapters of the book that's my current work in progress, but I hope I can make them at least vaguely interesting.

Furkid Friday
Those who've followed my blog for a while will remember how I used to do these posts about what happened in the lives of the furry members of my family; often from their points of view. Well, I've decided to bring them back. They won't be the same without my Kero, but I'm sure he'd be pleased to know that his rodent family members are planning to do their best to give the animal loving readers of my blog their weekly dose of cute critters.

I mean, there will be other posts thrown in sometimes, like my book release announcements, posts for blog parties I sign up for, etc, but the three mentioned above are the planned regular posting slots.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Somehow, I think Kero will be reading your blogs on Friday.

Smiles. And so will I (along with the other days!)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy! :)

Rita said...

Kero would love that! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks; I hope so!