Monday, May 09, 2016

Of Mothers' Day, thermal cups, and cards (kinda FD)

Yesterday (May 8th 2016) was - as you probably know - Mothers' Day in Canada, and several other countries. Not here in the UK though... That was a couple of months ago over here. But we acknowledge both, since Kelly's Mom is in Canada, and my Mam is in the UK.

I doubt she'll read this, since she doesn't get online much. But I'm going to say "happy Mothers' Day" to Kelly's Mom on here, just like I did for my Mam back in March. So... Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I hope all the Moms out there had a very happy Mothers' Day yesterday.

***

Remember how I got myself one of these thermal cups? Well, Kelly thought my red thermal cup was great, so I got him a blue one like it. He loves it as much as I love my red one!

Actually, we now both have two of them: two red ones for me, and two blue ones for Kelly. I got us extra ones, because they're good for keeping cold drinks cold too, so we use one for hot drinks, and the other for cold drinks.

So, thanks Rita, for recommending them!

I also want to thank Rita for this wonderful card we got in the mail last month:


So, thanks for that too, Rita!

***

I never got around to taking a photo of the Easter card we got from my Nan (Dad's Mother) this year. So, since I finally took one, here it is:


She won't see this, but... Thanks, Nan!

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Lots of fun pictures and good thing -- it all says lots of love to me!

Rita said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Two cups each!! I was thinking about getting another one just so I could run one through the dishwasher once in a while--LOL! I only hand scrub it out once in a while because I use it every single day--LOL! These would keep cold drinks cold, too, for sure. Leah got me some of those big cups with the covers and straws for cold drinks, though, so I use those with ice cubes. Anyways, so glad you like these thermal cups, too. :) :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks! :)

Rita:
We don't have a dishwasher, so we just wash the cups out by hand regularly anyway. We give them a quick rinse between drinks, and a more thorough wash after every few drinks.

Intense Guy said...

Smiles at the wonderful gifts and joy in giving and receiving.

Such beautiful cards!

Victoria Zigler said...

*Nods in agreement with Iggy*