Monday, May 02, 2016

Of nice days by the ocean, motorbikes, birthdays, and bloggerversaries (FD)



The above photo was taken a couple of weeks ago, while looking out of the window in the computer room (which is beside me while I'm at my computer). The day before had been quite stormy, but this particular day was a beautiful one, where plenty of our neighbours were out enjoying being able to be beside the ocean in the sunshine; many of them with their dogs for company. The ocean birds - especially the seagulls, of course - were also having a great day; enjoying all the people being out there, because most people take snacks, and many people are willing to share them with the birds.

I love days like that, when it's warm and dry, but not hot. So, I'm pleased to be able to say that we've had a decent scattering of days like it in the past month or so. There have still been storms, but not constant ones, and they haven't been as bad in the past couple of weeks. We've had a lot of days like the one pictured above. Summer is coming!

***

There's an anual event where on the May Day bank holiday (first Monday in May) they have some sort of motorbike festival going on in town, where bikers come from all over the place to show off their motorbikes, and do whatever else it is bikers do when they get together.

Now, I like motorbikes, don't get me wrong. But we're in a position to hear many of them heading to town, since the road between us and the ocean is one of the main ways in to town. So, while the first few are exciting, and I have some interest for the next few dozen, by the time we've had a few hundred motorbikes go past, I can't help longing for the end of the day. Bearing in mind, last year there were around ten thousand bikers in town with their bikes. So, I'm sure you can see why I was sick of motorbikes by the end of the day last year.

Since today is this year's May Day bank holiday, I expect to be feeling the same way by the end of today. At the moment though, I'm still at the point where I'm enjoying hearing the motorbikes go past. Like I said... At the moment!

***

Today is also Kelly's birthday, and tomorrow is my 10th bloggerversary.

Yes, it counts, even though my blog was private for a while a couple of years ago. I mean, I was still blogging, even if you couldn't see it, so this blog has been going since May 3rd 2006.

The very first thing I ever posted was a late "happy birthday" post for Kelly. After that, especially for the first couple of months, my posts were mostly about my furkids, since I wasn't sure what to post about at first, and we were in the process of getting my Chance cat at the time I started my blog. Chance was around eight months old when we got him... Hard to believe he'd be almost 11 years old if he was still alive now. But then, Kero was nine weeks old when we got him (three weeks old the first time I held him) and would have been coming 12 if he was still alive. Time flies, doesn't it? Also, I can't believe how much I miss my boys! I mean, I miss the other furkids I've lost too, but I miss my boys most of all... Especially Kero.

OK... Enough of that...

Like I said, today is Kelly's birthday. So... Happy birthday, Kelly!

He wanted money to spend on some of the stuff he wants to do with his games (credits for those games that allow you to buy them, and pdfs for some of the other types of games). So that's what I gave him. I'm also giving him the night off from cooking by letting him order take-away tonight. Since I'm giving him the choice, it will most likely be either chicken or pizza that he has (if he goes with the chicken, I'll be having a veggie burger or something like that).

I had planned to do something special for my bloggerversary this year too... Especially with it being the 10th. But I've had so much going on recently that I never ended up arranging anything. Well, other than the eBook giveaway I have going on right now, but I'd planned to do something more. Maybe I'll make up for it next year? We'll see...

In the meantime... You may want to go and check out which of my books are on sale, if you haven't already done so.

Also... If you've had your birthday recently, or it's coming up really soon, consider this paragraph to be a birthday message directed at you. I hope you had/have an amazing birthday!

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

So much here today! First of all, Happy Blogaversary! Ten years is significant and a real commitment, no matter whether it started as private or not!

And how nice that you are finally getting the great spring weather, early summer, nice days on the beach. You've had more than your share of storms so I know it must be so very welcome. I would love to have the view you show from your office window!

Ear plugs. That's my recommendation for today!

And finally, Happy birthday to Kelly. Here's to a good new year (and a very Happy May!)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks about the bloggerversary. I'm really pleased to be able to say I've been positng on this blog for ten years now! Also, Kelly says thanks for the birthday wishes.

Yes, it's nice to have a break from the storms. I do enjoy a good storm, but some nice weather is very welcome after so many months of constant storms. Everyone seems to be jealous of the view from our computer room window. Not that I blame them... I would be too.

Earplugs would be great. But would seriously limit the activities I could perform. I'm at the point now where the thought is tempting though... I have braille books I can read, after all... *wink*

Victoria Zigler said...

*posting.

Darn those typo fairies!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!!!!!

Happy 10th year of blogging too!! Goodness time is a flyin'!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks. It is indeed!

Also, Kelly says thank you.

Rita said...

Happy Birthday to Kelly! And Happy 10 years of blogging!
I love calm, blue, warm days, too. The motorcycles would get old fast for me, too.
May you have more sunny, warm days!! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks! Kelly says thanks for the birthday wishes too! :)