Friday, January 13, 2017

#Furkid Friday: Maizie The #Chinchilla Turns 1 (FD)

Hi everyone! This is Maizie the chinchilla.

Guess what? It's finally my turn to have one of those birthday things! You know what that means, right? Special nibbles!

Of course, the human caretakers gave special nibbles to my chinchilla sister, Mollie, too. They said it's only fair since they gave me some when she had her birthday back in October, and it's best to do it that way because we share a cage. Well, to be honest, our other rodent siblings get special nibbles when birthday things happen too, because the human caretakers say it isn't right to give to one of us rodent gang if the others aren't having anything. But whoever is the one actually having a birthday gets an extra special treat, if you know what I mean. That's what I'm saying Mollie was included in. I don't mind though. I mean, Mollie might not be my littermate, but I love her as if she was.

Anyway, the human caretakers are usually really careful about how much nibbles we're allowed each day. But when a birthday thing happens, we always get a little more than usual, and it's either something we don't get often, or an extra helping of something the human caretakers know we absolutely love. Cereals are popular with all of us. We chinchillas especially enjoy the raw oats you humans use to make yourself oatmeal. I guess the human caretakers realized that, because they made today an oatmeal day for me! They also threw in a few raisins, which is something they don't do often.

That was my breakfast time nibbles... I wonder what special treat they've planned for my dinner time nibbles?

Squeak soon,
Maizie

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Maizie!!!!

Goodness time is a flying.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy!

Squeak soon,
Maizie

Rita said...

Nice! Well if everyone gets treats and extra nibbles then it is like a birthday party and everyone is invited!! ;) Happy Birthday!

Deanna said...

Happy birthday, Maizie!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks! Yeah, it is kind of like a birthday party. Although the Mummy human says it can't be counted as a proper party, because there's no cake. We told her we'd be happy for there to be cake, but she said me, Mollie, and also our degu brother, Joshua, weren't allowed it, and even the others would only be able to have a very tiny bit. I'd have been cross with her, but I was too busy eating oatmeal while watching NCIS.

Squeak soon,
Maizie

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Deanna!

Squeak soon,
Maizie